2019 NHL Playoffs

DON

On 5/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, Commandant said:

Here is the thing.  Last night's hand pass was obvious... and I want that reviewable cause I don't like that obviously wrong calls are allowed to stand, especially in key moments. 

But we've been down this road.  The offside challenge came cause Matt Duchene scored a ridiculous goal where he was 3 feet offside.  They made the rule, and now the unintended consequence is that we have these stupid reviews for things that are a milimetre offside. 

I think video review shouldn't be for every single little thing.  It should only be clear and obvious errors by a ref.   I don't want 4 minutes of stoppage to see if a guy's skate was a centimetre off the ice, 40 seconds before the goal was scored.  But I don't want someone scoring a breakaway when they are three feet offside, or that clear hand pass last night. 

Watching the women's World Cup, I'm quite impressed how FIFA's VAR system works. There are no challenges or long delays: the video assistant referee automatically reviews every major call (goal, offside, yellow card etc) and if he/she believes that the referee got it wrong, there is a quick notification to the referee. The referee makes the final decision based on the input from the VAR, including an optional review of the VAR footage.

Quick and unintrusive, and leaves the on-field referee in charge. With some adjustments, I think this kind of system could work in the NHL as well ...

THANK F***ING GOD

SUCK ON THAT BOSTON :halm:

Sweet to see that dirtbag Chara slumping his way through the handshake line

EDIT: O'Reilly drops an F-bomb in the interview! Ha ha. (The O'Reilly trade is a nice example of how you have to take risks to win, incidentally).

• Like 1

Bruins lose and Marchand's a goat, a result to savour.  And a team going from worst overall to their first Cup is quite a story.  Most importantly though, now begins the countdown to Bergy's BIG JUNE TRADE!!!

9 hours ago, Neech said:

Bruins lose and Marchand's a goat, a result to savour. 

That was a lovely disastrous play by Marchand, leading to the Blues' winning goal. Without that, who knows what might have happened.