Jordan Weal re-signs

Trizzak

56 minutes ago, DON said:

Evans and Suzuki

I have a feeling Suzuki becomes a winger in the NHL. Poehling seems more like a guy who sticks the Center landing to me. 

Never know though, Suzuki could suppose me, from what I’ve seen of him he seems to have great awareness and hockey IQ

This has a Paul Byron scenario written  all over it, how we got him for 1.4 mill for 2 years, I don't know. What I do know is when bodies start dropping, and he moves up the line up to fill in, he will translate the same performances regardless of line up spot, just like Byron has during his time here. I was very pleased with how Weal played for us, he blew every depth player acquisition away since Paul Byron. Just another guy who needed a solid chance in the right situation to showcase what he can bring to the table. In our case, being built around speed and transition was a peanut butter and jelly type of union for the player and the team, both for Byron and now, Weal.

13 minutes ago, Link67 said:

This has a Paul Byron scenario written  all over it, how we got him for 1.4 mill for 2 years, I don't know. What I do know is when bodies start dropping, and he moves up the line up to fill in, he will translate the same performances regardless of line up spot, just like Byron has during his time here. I was very pleased with how Weal played for us, he blew every depth player acquisition away since Paul Byron. Just another guy who needed a solid chance in the right situation to showcase what he can bring to the table. In our case, being built around speed and transition was a peanut butter and jelly type of union for the player and the team, both for Byron and now, Weal.

Good post. Weak isn’t quite the speedster as Byron, but he is a sneaky pickup same as Byron was a few years back.

Something I’ve noticed about liking a player is what you expect of them. If we expect Weal to be a great bottom 6er, we’ll love him. Let’s not expect to much. That’s why people constantly complained about Eller

I can honestly see him as a double digit goal scorer in the 35 point range from the bottom 6 position, with occasional PP, and top 6 play when injuries hit. I will gladly accept that for 1.4 mill

3 hours ago, Link67 said:

I can honestly see him as a double digit goal scorer in the 35 point range from the bottom 6 position, with occasional PP, and top 6 play when injuries hit. I will gladly accept that for 1.4 mill

I see the same thing

I hope we don't sign any more bottom-6 forwards (though it always feels like Bergy has 2 or 3 more in him), and that we give the Suzuki, Poehling and the AHLers a shot at cracking the roster.

They have shown us they are not afraid to award a roster spot to any youngster having a hell of a training camp, that ball is in their court, nothing will or should be handed to them. Regardless of how Suzuki or Poehling have done this year, next September, they will have to prove themselves a new, if they succeed, they will earn their spot, if they fail, they will continue to develop in Laval, as they should.

You can't leave your team's depth floating down the river because you are counting on a couple of kids to show up at training camp and knock your socks off, they can just as easily show you they might need some time in the minors, and you now have to go last minute shopping for depth forwards. I'd much rather sign the Oulettes of the world and bury them in the minors if a youngster surpasses them, than not have the Oulettes of the world around incase none of the kids prove worthy yet.