Ouellet re-signs

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Its not bad to have a veteran D on Laval, and he'll likely be captain again. 

That said, I still want to see Walford get a deal. 

I think this just lowered the odds of Walford getting a deal.  They're already at 39 contracts before re-signing any other RFA's.  There will probably be three or four of those that get re-signed at least and they'll probably add a few UFAs as well between the Habs/Rocket.  That will have them in the 46-48 range and they'll want to keep a couple of spots free for in-season moves.  Unless they can move out someone already under contract, I can see them saying they don't have contract room for him.

23 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think this just lowered the odds of Walford getting a deal.  They're already at 39 contracts before re-signing any other RFA's.  There will probably be three or four of those that get re-signed at least and they'll probably add a few UFAs as well between the Habs/Rocket.  That will have them in the 46-48 range and they'll want to keep a couple of spots free for in-season moves.  Unless they can move out someone already under contract, I can see them saying they don't have contract room for him.

Oh i agree  

And being the same position doesnt help.

I wonder how a guy feels when he realizes that his NHL dream is probably never going to happen - that he's knocked at the door but that he's never going to be invited in. Do the Oullets of the world live in denial of this, always assuming/hoping that The Call is just around the corner? Or do they ease into life as a permanent AHLer and console themselves with the knowledge that at least they're making a living playing hockey? Just sorta curious about the cultural/psychological dynamics of the professional minors.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I wonder how a guy feels when he realizes that his NHL dream is probably never going to happen - that he's knocked at the door but that he's never going to be invited in. Do the Oullets of the world live in denial of this, always assuming/hoping that The Call is just around the corner? Or do they ease into life as a permanent AHLer and console themselves with the knowledge that at least they're making a living playing hockey? Just sorta curious about the cultural/psychological dynamics of the professional minors.

I've often wondered this as well. What a huge let down. My cousin's kid will probably be drafted this year, and could very well fit into this fringe group. He will go straight to pro next year. ECHL or AHL. I don't think he can play junior again next year.