2019 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

That’s in line with the Commandant ‘s predictions—like so many other moves.

Dont pump his tires...kidding, yes he has nailed it pretty well so far.:thumbs_up:

I guess Benn, after career offense year, should be looking at a nice pay raise and Habs have enough 3rd pairing guys already. Maybe not an equal on the PK unless we see a bigger and better version of Juulsen and Kulak perhaps.

Wonder what it would cost in getting either brown or Johnsson from Toronto? If we don't resign lehkonen or Armia then adding  one of brown or johnsson would be a nice replacement.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Wonder what it would cost in getting either brown or Johnsson from Toronto? If we don't resign lehkonen or Armia then adding  one of brown or johnsson would be a nice replacement.

Brown is dirt cheap.

Johnsson would cost you.

I guess that skews the trade in our favour in the long run. 

Subban traded for Santini, Davies, and two 2nd round draft picks from Nashville to New Jersey.

Years ago Subban was traded on the same day (or within a few days) as Taylor Hall was when many felt New Jersey got the better of Edmonton in their deal, and now New Jersey gets Subban as well.

One would have to think that the winners on that day when looked at on June 22nd, 2019 would have to be..:

1) New Jersey

2) Montreal

3) Nashville

4) Edmonton

18 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Wow PK on his way to Nj, also I think Toronto gave up way to much for cap space. Wow after seeing what Nashville got back for PK looks like we won that trade.

New Jersey made a lot of sense for him - that was my prediction for a landing spot.  They can't attract top free agents so trading for a big-name player was their only option.  Steep price for the Leafs to pay to get rid of Marleau but that solves a bit of their cap dilemma now.

These last 2 trades are a result of GM's not managing their cap properly. Nashville gave away PK for nothing because they didn't manage their cap better and Toronto had to give up a 1st along with Patrick to clear cap space. At times I don't like Things Bergevin does but I am glad he manages our cap properly and makes sure we can resign our top guys.

13 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If the Marleau trade sets the market for cap relief this year, Bergevin should be pacing back and forth between the Edmonton/Vegas tables for the rest of the day. 

Apparently they were close on a move like that on Thursday but it fell through.  Not sure with who.

14 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If the Marleau trade sets the market for cap relief this year, Bergevin should be pacing back and forth between the Edmonton/Vegas tables for the rest of the day. 

If I am Bergevin I go to edmonton Tell them give me 2 1st round picks and I will take lucic off your hands.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Canucks trade for jt Miller. I like him. Im starting to get interested in the Canucks. Hughes and Petterson are franchise guys. 

Canucks what about NJ. Their putting together a great team. They just need some goaltending.

13 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Canucks what about NJ. Their putting together a great team. They just need some goaltending.

Ya for sure.  Nj made a huge splash.  I'm from bc so kinda keep my ear to the ground with the Canucks.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic