Goaltending options?

tomh009

24 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If they do buy him out, though, it would be a whole different discussion.

still kinda need a backup next year. As Commandant says whats the sweetener? buy him out last year lollll

7 hours ago, tomh009 said:

If they do buy him out, though, it would be a whole different discussion.

Id still rather have McElhinney who has been the best of the three of late.  Kinkaid and Reimer both struggled last year

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Id still rather have McElhinney who has been the best of the three of late.  Kinkaid and Reimer both struggled last year

I would, too. And Kinkaid as a second choice. But if we can’t get either one of them, we still need a backup.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Can lindgren do the job?

I think the question is: as coach can you give Lindgren  30-35 starts?

Do the raps load management with CP31, have him "mid season" form for playoffs. Well assuming the Team can get the missing point they didn't get last season to get into playoffs :)

okay maybe 30-35 games to any CP31 back up is too much but I don't think it's too idiotic tho

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Can lindgren do the job?

A year or two ago, I'd have said yes but he has not been very good the last two seasons in Laval.  His positioning is shaky and he has been prone to allowing some tough goals.  If there's enough cap space left (depending on other moves) to upgrade, then they need to go for it.

41 minutes ago, ehjay said:

I think the question is: as coach can you give Lindgren  30-35 starts?

Do the raps load management with CP31, have him "mid season" form for playoffs. Well assuming the Team can get the missing point they didn't get last season to get into playoffs :)

okay maybe 30-35 games to any CP31 back up is too much but I don't think it's too idiotic tho

I really do think we'd want the backup to be able play at least a third of the games, so 30 is not far off the mark.

And, no, I would not be keen to rely on Lindgren for that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

McEllhinny is way better then Kincaid

Kinkaid's a lot younger though and won't be subject to 35+ provisions like McElhinney would if he signs a multi-year deal (as is expected).  I also think Kinkaid will be cheaper and considering they're already spending $10.5 million on a starter, that's probably playing a factor in what they want to spend here.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

McEllhinny is way better then Kincaid

Well for two seasons... he's also 36 years old. 

I'm not betting the farm on a 36 year old goalie, who has only been good in the last two years.

I’m not certain McElhinney is that much better than Kincaid. Kincaid was an excellent backup in Jersey who faltered under a heavy workload. I think he will do very well with Price— and Waite

Solid signing, should amount to a few extra wins over the course of the season compared to having Niemi. 

As my 7 year old would say, welcome to the Habs " King Kade "