2019 Development Camp Thread

dlbalr

The Habs will hold their annual Development Camp from Tuesday to Thursday.  Here's the list of attendees: https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/canadiens-will-hold-their-annual-development-camp-from-june-26-28/c-308030850

Invites/Tryouts

G Gabriel Mollot-Hill (I don't think this is his first one with Montreal if I remember correctly)

G Vincent Purpura

G Alexis Shank

D Christopher Merisier-Ortiz

D Dylan Plouffe

D Jack York

F Nicolas Guay

F Liam Hawel*

F Vincent Marleau

F Yevgeni Oksentyuk

F Matthew Struthers (had a brief stint in Laval to finish last season)

* - Hawel was a Dallas pick in 2017 that went unsigned, much like Scott Walford and Jarret Tyszka with the Habs.  Oddly enough, Tyszka is attending the Stars' camp (Walford with Winnipeg).

In terms of skaters that are eligible to turn pro this season (I'm not even looking at the goalies as there are enough options in Laval now), Plouffe, Guay, Hawel, and Struthers are the ones to keep an eye on.  One player that was supposed to be going but apparently isn't is Justin Addamo.

Kieran Ruschienski won't be attending the development camp because of school exams. 

Too bad, since he's a project player that would be good to help send down a proper path in training.

• Like 1

Nice to hear.

Romanov is at camp, just not allowed to participate. (KHL contract not allow i guess)

Brook, Poehling were 2 stand outs noted by one person.

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I hope that Caufield won't stick with #36 throughout his career.  That's a pretty ugly # if you ask me.

My philosophy is: Either go with an old school number (that is, something under 30) or go with a flashy number like 77. I hate all these scrub numbers like 36, 41, etc. Boooo!

50 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My philosophy is: Either go with an old school number (that is, something under 30) or go with a flashy number like 77. I hate all these scrub numbers like 36, 41, etc. Boooo!

Exactly.

Unfortunately for the current Habs, lot of the good numbers are unavailble (2, 10, 19, etc).

But jeez  do I hate the  32, 34, 35, 36, 37 (wtf Patrice Bergeron !?!?!) of this world.

Could seem odd, but I kinda like every number between 80 and 99 though.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I want him to go with 57 (five foot 7) or 67 (sixty seven inches).

as a shot to everyone who said he's too short. 

57 is probably the better choice as 67 still has pacioretty vibes and being seen as the next sniper, i'm not sure you want that put on right away as a rook.

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Exactly.

Unfortunately for the current Habs, lot of the good numbers are unavailble (2, 10, 19, etc).

But jeez  do I hate the  32, 34, 35, 36, 37 (wtf Patrice Bergeron !?!?!) of this world.

Could seem odd, but I kinda like every number between 80 and 99 though.

Give Caufield #8 or #76 perhaps.

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

To me, those are really goalie numbers ...

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 8:29 AM, JoeLassister said:

I hope that Caufield won't stick with #36 throughout his career.  That's a pretty ugly # if you ask me.

makes me think of Tiny Todd Ewan (sp?) :rofl:

On 6/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, Trizzak said:

Kieran Ruschienski won't be attending the development camp because of school exams. 

Too bad, since he's a project player that would be good to help send down a proper path in training.

He's flying into Montreal today to do some stuff with the development staff.  Obviously, it's not quite the same as development camp itself but it's something at least.

Reminds me of the Koberstein long-shot pick; but hope he has more upside than that.

(Another pick who attended a Habs combine, how many picks is that this year 3 or 4 with Euro kids as well?)