Deslauriers traded to Anaheim

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

That's pretty great value for Deslauriers.

I realize he’s basically an energy guy. 4th or 5th liner. But a fourth rounder has a what...6 or 7 percent chance of making it to the NHL? Again, it’s just opening space for Mitchell who will likely shift to the wing this year. 

16 minutes ago, dreegking said:

I realize he’s basically an energy guy. 4th or 5th liner. But a fourth rounder has a what...6 or 7 percent chance of making it to the NHL? Again, it’s just opening space for Mitchell who will likely shift to the wing this year. 

Deslauriers is an honest player, but hoarding picks is good strategy; the more you have, the greater the odds of hitting. Good minor trade, albeit sllightly odd for the Ducks, a team that needs to get younger and faster, not older and slower.

• Upvote 1

Finally, I’m seeing really good asset management from MB. Moving a player like Deslaurier for a 4th rounder is excellent. Cap space and draft picks are now the premier currency of the NHL. Conversely, long term over payment for free agents is a killer. I hope that M. Bergevin remembers that tomorrow.