Jump to content
dlbalr

Habs sign Sebastian Aho to offer sheet

Recommended Posts

It’s happening!

 

But that has to be matched, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st, 2nd, and 3rd would be the compensation at that rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos to Bergevin for having the balls to at least try this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carolina has seven days to match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Kudos to Bergevin for having the balls to at least try this!

 

? %!! I don’t say this often, but WELL DONE MB ?

 

So does this rule out our signing any UFAs? Because the odds are Aho remains a Hurricane, surely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the chance they not matching?

Slim to none?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the signing bonuses a tax thing?  What's the advantage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if canes match we go for Marner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Are the signing bonuses a tax thing?  What's the advantage?

Low revenue teams/cheap owners hate big signing bonuses because it's a lump sum payment all at once. Some teams don't have that kind of money all at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Are the signing bonuses a tax thing?  What's the advantage?

 

Cash flow. $21.8M in the first year. It hurts if your owner is a cheapskate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The owner may not be happy to habs over that 11.3 lump sum right away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha. Answered my own question after 3 others do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this move! 

 

Question. Is Montreal allowed to offer something additional to Carolina, a prospect, to entice them not to match the offer sheet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Low revenue teams/cheap owners hate big signing bonuses because it's a lump sum payment all at once. Some teams don't have that kind of money all at once.

 

So that is a calculated move to stiff the Canes? Quoth Monty Burns: excellent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish it was for 9.1 or 9.2.. I know it’s only $500k more but tougher to match.. I’m hoping Canes don’t match but guessing they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I love this move! 

 

Question. Is Montreal allowed to offer something additional to Carolina, a prospect, to entice them not to match the offer sheet? 

 

Caroline could offer to do a trade. At the moment it's just an unsigned offer sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I wish it was for 9.1 or 9.2.. I know it’s only $500k more but tougher to match.. I’m hoping Canes don’t match but guessing they do.

 

They would have to add an additional first round pick if it is over 8.5 m per year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I wish it was for 9.1 or 9.2.. I know it’s only $500k more but tougher to match.. I’m hoping Canes don’t match but guessing they do.

 

That would cost another first-round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

 

Cash flow. $21.8M in the first year. It hurts if your owner is a cheapskate.

 

Man, that's vicious. Tom Dundon must be livid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Caroline could offer to do a trade. At the moment it's just an unsigned offer sheet.

 

Nope.  It's a signed offer sheet.  No trade option remains - if they match, they can't deal him for a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drouin - Aho - Gallagher

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Byron

Tatar - Danault - Armia

Lehkonen - Thompson - Weal

 

Poehling, Evans, Suzuki as potential future C's...

 

Habs would rival the rest of the Atlantic division for centre depth with that move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...