Arbitration deadline at 5 PM today

tomh009

Armia, Hudon, Lehkonen and McCarron are eligible. Will all file for arbitration?

Hudon rejected his qualifying offer, apparently because it was for a two-way contract. That offer will expire on the 15th unless the Habs choose to extend it. (I assume they will need to extend even if Hudon files for arbitration.)

There were only 44 arbitration applications in the entire league last year -- and I think 40 of those were settled before the arbitration hearing.

They don't need to extend the offers past the 15th. 

Past the 15th you can pull a qualifying offer and the player is still RFA and either headed to arbitration or not. 

If you pull a QO before the 15th, the player becomes UFA.

Armia, Hudon and Lehkonen have filed for arbitration. Most likely we should see contracts agreed for all three in the next two weeks, before the hearings start.

28 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Armia, Hudon and Lehkonen have filed for arbitration. Most likely we should see contracts agreed for all three in the next two weeks, before the hearings start.

<sarcasm> Time to start the McCarron watch ? </sarcasm>

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Armia and Lehkonen filing are both for contract negotiations. 

Hudon filing is literally just another bullet in his, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TRADE ME!" gun. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2