Lehkonen Signs 2.4m/Year

TheDriveFor25

19 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Higher cap hit than I expected. Thought he had less negotiating power than Armia, but the Habs haven't exactly been coy about how much they love Lehk. 

Certainly Julien does!

I think both Lehkonen and Armia have upside potential for 2019-20, at least in terms of scoring.

52 minutes ago, huzer said:

Two quick signings of RFAs after arbitration hearings were announced. I don't imagine a thread involving Hudon will be about a contract with the Habs...

Maybe someone tipped Bergevin off that a offer sheet was coming their way lol ?

Unrelated to Lehkonen specifically but because of this deal, the Habs no longer have enough room under the NHL's offseason cap rules to go more than around $10.5 million on an offer sheet (and that amount will go down whenever Hudon signs).  For anyone wanting Montreal to go the 4+ first-rounder route, that is no longer an option (unless they move out some players first).

Does anyone else think that a line of Lehkonen - Danault - Armia would be one of the NHL's toughest lines to play against?

Lehkonen is absolutely relentless on the puck

Danault is strong in both ends of the ice and has a very high hockey IQ

Armia is a combination of the other 2

While none of them are stars, all three of them have some offensive skill as well.

They would drive other teams top lines crazy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Does anyone else think that a line of Lehkonen - Danault - Armia would be one of the NHL's toughest lines to play against?y.

Not really, all struggle scoring so dont present much of an offensive threat, none are very physical neither so d-men not real anxious with them forechecking.

But, i do like all 3 players and all are defensively responsible and likely be a good checking line.

Edited by DON
not all negative

Another solid deal for the Habs.  Can't complain about bottom 6 guys getting bottom 6 money and term.  Bravo Bergevin!  This is good cap/contract management.

21 hours ago, Neech said:

Does our boy crack 40 points in either year of this deal?  I guess it depends on his linemates and how far he is down the depth chart.  Very reliable player who will help any line he plays on.

Definitely a reliable player. I really enjoy watching him play. Very good skater, hard worker, sound defensively. If only he could finish.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Definitely a reliable player. I really enjoy watching him play. Very good skater, hard worker, sound defensively. If only he could finish.

You talking about Eller?:D

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

He is Finnish, he just can't score.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tomh009 said:

We really shouldn’t be Russian the development of the young players!

Ugggg...but 'B' for effort.:rolleyes: