Stuff moved from the Rumour thread that isn't rumours

I see lots of people demanding MB make more changes since he hasn't really improved the roster this much off-season.  I'm confident MB is trying but I don't see a lot of good options. 

Signing Gardiner to a 3 or 4 year deal would be great but it seems clear that either Gardiner is too injured or that he is too wedded to Toronto or insisting on a long term deal.  I don't want to overpay him just so we can say we improved this off-season.

I'd rather go through another season like last year and wait for the kids to improve.   I think the team is on a good track for the first time in many years.    The best option might be to wait and plan to push for the cup in 2 or 3 years.  We have the prospect pool and the cap space for this to be a viable approach.

I also think that MB might make some deals in the next month with one (or more) or the teams struggling to deal with the cap.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I also dont think it's right that posters just down vote for no reason... that's BS

Ive been downvoted on almost every post in this thread and others for weeks..  meh 

I dont care 

Its fake internet points that mean nothing.  

When i can exchange them for something of value like club1909 or shoppers optimum or air miles... then i will care if someone is downvoting me.  But what score i have at habsworld.  Meh... dont care.  Down vote, upvote, dont vote.  Its meaningless.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

When you have a forward group filled with young players who is going to be adding a guy who set a record for most goals ever at the usntdp and the iihf under 18s, the ohl playoff mvp, the qmjhl playoff scoring leader and Mem cup mvp, the wjc mvp, 

Not lines... just putting people into positions...

Caufield - kk - suzuki

Drouin - domi - gallagher

Lehkonen- danault - ylonen

Armia - Poehling - weal

Plus long shot prospects evans, teasdale, ikonen, fonstad, mcshane, vejdemo, hillis .. gotta think at least one of that group comes through

You can build a strong lineup out of that.

Then the d is gonna add the second best whl d, the wjc best dman and more talent

Romanov - juulsen

Mete - brooks

Kulak - fleury

Harris

Struble

Plus weber in a leadership role will still be a decent d even if not a number one

Price with the best college goalie.

You have a strong group of players coming through.  Let the habs keep building internally.  

I dont care what other teams do.  Keep building that squad and you can get a contender out of it 

It doesnt have to be this year.

you think Caufield will be ready by next season

i havent really seen him play outside of US games. Will be interesting to see how he does next year without hughes.

would be amazing to see Juulsen have a renaissance of sorts after that injury season.

brooks looks good but Harris might be a sleeper.

2 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

I see lots of people demanding MB make more changes since he hasn't really improved the roster this much off-season.  I'm confident MB is trying but I don't see a lot of good options. 

Signing Gardiner to a 3 or 4 year deal would be great but it seems clear that either Gardiner is too injured or that he is too wedded to Toronto or insisting on a long term deal.  I don't want to overpay him just so we can say we improved this off-season.

I'd rather go through another season like last year and wait for the kids to improve.   I think the team is on a good track for the first time in many years.    The best option might be to wait and plan to push for the cup in 2 or 3 years.  We have the prospect pool and the cap space for this to be a viable approach.

I also think that MB might make some deals in the next month with one (or more) or the teams struggling to deal with the cap.

i want no part of Gardiner... For me it was  blowing cap on Karlsson or nobody.

heres those links you requested...

4 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

You never answered the question...

What's your dream to happen for this roster to hang with BOS TB Toronto Florida and a young OTT team in the Atlantic alone never mind the metro? 

Hopefully you dream big cause it's exactly what we'll 

Name your charity and ill send you the receipt tomorrow.  Dm me your name if you want and ill do the donation in your name.

Honestly forgot i had one with you too.  I did give $100 to wounded warriors for chris.

Ill do $100 here too cause i feel bad about forgetting.  Wont get a better interest rate than that.

• Like 1

you think Caufield will be ready by next season

i havent really seen him play outside of US games. Will be interesting to see how he does next year without hughes.

would be amazing to see Juulsen have a renaissance of sorts after that injury season.

brooks looks good but Harris might be a sleeper.

Caufield could be ready in 2020 yes.  He can snipe.

Ready is relative though.  Hes notikely to score 30 as a rookie either... 

I think 2019 2020 wil be a slight let down year because I don't expect Kinkaid to be enough to balance the regression of at least a few of last season's career year performances.  I think it's unlikely that the whole team has career years two years in a row.  A full year of Weber. A strong year by cp, and kk taking the next step could balance it out though. Im thinking 95 points next season. But after that I think ther future is actually bright for the first time since price was young and pk and pacioretty were in the minors and college. Suzuki poeling kk caufield brook and the Russian dude all seem like guaranteed nhlers. If 3 or 4 of them can be top 6 top 4, the team becomes a contender in 3 years.  

48 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I think 2019 2020 wil be a slight let down year because I don't expect Kinkaid to be enough to balance the regression of at least a few of last season's career year performances.  I think it's unlikely that the whole team has career years two years in a row.  A full year of Weber. A strong year by cp, and kk taking the next step could balance it out though. Im thinking 95 points next season. But after that I think ther future is actually bright for the first time since price was young and pk and pacioretty were in the minors and college. Suzuki poeling kk caufield brook and the Russian dude all seem like guaranteed nhlers. If 3 or 4 of them can be top 6 top 4, the team becomes a contender in 3 years.  

The whole team didnt have career years.

Prices year was below his career average.

Weber was hurt half the year.

Lehkonen couldnt score despite all the chances.

Mete couldnt score at all.

Drouin went 6 weeks with one game where he scored points

Byron fought injuries.

Armia can do more.

Then lets look at career years

Ok tatar will regress.  I buy that.

Danault is 26 and got better every year.  Hes in his prime.  Its not crazy to think 50 points is repeatable.

Gallagher has 30 goals two straight years   no reason its not repeatable.

Domi is 24.  Why is his best year not repeatable.  Hes young enough he could be even better as hes also going into his prime.  Its not crazy to see him put up 65 even if he regresses a little.

Kk had a career year but its also a rookie year.  He should keep getting better too. He can make up some points others lose.

These guys all had "career years" with a power play that was 31st in the NHL.  If the pp is 20th... that's a lot more goals and makes up for any drop at ES from.some career years not being repeated.  Its not crazy to think the PP should score a few more.  Just like saying that a guy on a career year will regress to the mean... so should the pp.  They dont even have to be a good PP... they can still be bottom 3rd of the league and score way more than they did as the 31st pp.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

The whole team didnt have career years.

Prices year was below his career average.

Weber was hurt half the year.

Lehkonen couldnt score despite all the chances.

Mete couldnt score at all.

Drouin went 6 weeks with one game where he scored points

Byron fought injuries.

Armia can do more.

Then lets look at career years

Ok tatar will regress.  I buy that.

Danault is 26 and got better every year.  Hes in his prime.  Its not crazy to think 50 points is repeatable.

Gallagher has 30 goals two straight years   no reason its not repeatable.

Domi is 24.  Why is his best year not repeatable.  Hes young enough he could be even better as hes also going into his prime.  Its not crazy to see him put up 65 even if he regresses a little.

Kk had a career year but its also a rookie year.  He should keep getting better too. He can make up some points others lose.

These guys all had "career years" with a power play that was 31st in the NHL.  If the pp is 20th... that's a lot more goals and makes up for any drop at ES from.some career years not being repeated.  Its not crazy to think the PP should score a few more.  Just like saying that a guy on a career year will regress to the mean... so should the pp.  They dont even have to be a good PP... they can still be bottom 3rd of the league and score way more than they did as the 31st pp.

Gallagher is definitely consistent so I don't expect him to regress. Danault, Shaw, and Petry also had great years.  

I hope you're right and the pp can make a marginal improvement. Domi is the one I'm worried about having a down year.  If him and Drouin have good years and kk, price, Weber improve over last year, we are playoff bound. 

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Should he be able to find open ice in offensive zone in the NHL, like a Stamkos-Ovechkin seem to?

10 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

. Im thinking 95 points next season.

Athletic has Habs with 94pts in Wildcard spot, based on relative roster strength.

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

Should he be able to find open ice in offensive zone in the NHL, like a Stamkos-Ovechkin seem to?

2 hours ago, DON said:

Hes done it so far.

Hes also got.some skill to his.game as he can dig pucks out of corners and make plays in the cycle to get chances.  Its not just set up in the circle and shoot.  Hes also.a bit underrated as a passer.

Weve all seen the goals from.those usa/canad/fin/sweden games last week.  So we can see the shot. But if you watched the full games the most encouraging thing was his ability to drive possession and generate a high number of shots for himself or teammates 

Ovechkin, kessel, laine, pacioretty etc... all the guys near the top of the goals chart every year are also near the top of the shots charts.  Are their shots better than other nhlers... yes thats part of why they score more goals than others   but the other factor is that they know how to create a larger quantity of shots than others too.

In an effort to keep the rumour thread about rumours, I've split a lot of the talk from the last couple of weeks into here.  Proceed (preferably without the same few up/downvoting simply because of who's posting and not the actual post quality...).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DON said:

Capfriendly and eliteprospects are partners now, should be good.

They basically already were.  CapFriendly was using Elite Prospects' stats already; about the only difference I can see is now there's a CapFriendly link on an Elite Prospects player profile (instead of having the cap hit as uncredited).