Sept. 25, Habs vs Maple Leafs, 7 PM

dlbalr

After a rough loss on Monday (if there could ever be such a thing in a preseason game), the Habs will get back at it on Wednesday as they travel to Toronto to take on the Maple Leafs (not the Marlies this time).  No word yet on Carey Price's availability as he's day-to-day with a minor hand injury.

Montreal.jpg

Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Cousins - Kotkaniemi - Weal
Hudon - Suzuki - Drouin
Varone - Peca - Weise

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Fleury
Alzner - Reilly

Kinkaid

Lindgren

New-Jersey.jpg

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Timashov - Spezza - Gauthier

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - Marincin

Andersen
Woll

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM on TSN2 and RDS for the Montreal viewing region and TSN4 for the Toronto viewing region.

My first Habs game!  Woohoo!  Hoping for an entertaining game of course.  Too bad Price won't be in, also Domi and Tatar out plus the injured, but the lineup looks pretty decent anyways.  I'll be wearing my Price jersey and my lady friend will also be wearing one of my Habs jerseys.😁

Go Habs Go!

Well, despite being down 2-0, that was a better effort compared to two nights ago.  Kinkaid has looked pretty so far considering that Reilly basically took him out on the first goal by knocking the Leaf player into him and the second goal was on what, the fourth shot of the extended sequence?

Not that it's the end of the world but how is it possible that in Toronto where all the replays are reviewed at the league office and the fact that there are multiple TV broadcasts of the game, how can replay not be available?  I get that it's not an option for non-televised games but when there are multiple broadcasts, there should be replay available. 

16 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not that it's the end of the world but how is it possible that in Toronto where all the replays are reviewed at the league office and the fact that there are multiple TV broadcasts of the game, how can replay not be available?  I get that it's not an option for non-televised games but when there are multiple broadcasts, there should be replay available. 

Meh, i was complaining on Monday that we shouldn't have coach's challenges for pre-season, so I"m fine with this.  The fact is the end result doesn't matter, and yes for Hudon its about making the team and Ferraro was complaining about that, but I don't see why the coaching staff would treat this differently than scoring a goal.  They know it would count normally, so even if it doesn't go on the pre-season scoreboard, it shouldn't change the evaluation of him. 

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Habs got owned in this one. Time to get the team together. 

In fairness, the Habs played about 3 NHL Defencemen and 5 or 6 forwards, while the Leafs played what will essentially be their opening night roster. 

I bet we get our first look at close to the Habs full roster on Saturday. 

Just now, Commandant said:

In fairness, the Habs played about 3 NHL Defencemen and 5 or 6 forwards, while the Leafs played what will essentially be their opening night roster. 

I bet we get our first look at close to the Habs full roster on Saturday. 

Oh for sure.  Also the habs 2 best weapons are price and their forward depth.  I still hate losing to Toronto though. Leafs fans make me sick.

4 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Oh for sure.  Also the habs 2 best weapons are price and their forward depth.  I still hate losing to Toronto though. Leafs fans make me sick.

T'is an embarrassment for sure , over the years to lose to Leafs.  Quite a bit better team this year in Toronto than in some time. 

12 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Oh for sure.  Also the habs 2 best weapons are price and their forward depth.  

+Weber (but apparently he played)