Sept. 28, Senators vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

6 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Fleury is really steady. I don't see how he doesn't make this team, at least to start. 

Poehling hasn't had much ice time

Poehling can probably play NHL minutes comfortably, but if the only spot for him right now is on the 4th line then what's the point? Go tandem some top 6 minutes in Laval with Evans.

Fleury is proving more steady than Folin, and compliments Kulak well. I think he'll stay up until Juulsen is ready to play again.

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Poehling can probably play NHL minutes comfortably, but if the only spot for him right now is on the 4th line then what's the point? Go tandem some top 6 minutes in Laval with Evans.

Fleury is proving more steady than Folin, and compliments Kulak well. I think he'll stay up until Juulsen is ready to play again.

For sure

Kotkaniemi looks like he's lost a step this year. Timing just looks off

11 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

For sure

It was reported he gained 10+ pounds in the offseason.  It often takes athletes awhile to get used to a significant weight change.  Adding weight changes their center of gravity, which affects balance and agility.  It also takes a certain amount of 'game shape' conditioning to get cardio capacity back up to snuff. 

24 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Let's address the elephant in the room: did anybody miss Drouin, or think he would have been a difference maker( in a good way) in this game? 

They are better with him in the lineup than out. Offense could be a bit rough to come by this season, unless you think Suzuki and an improved Kotkaniemi replace Shaw's offense from last season and everybody has a career year again. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

They are better with him in the lineup than out. Offense could be a bit rough to come by this season, unless you think Suzuki and an improved Kotkaniemi replace Shaw's offense from last season and everybody has a career year again. 

Exactly, silliness to think that he addition by subtraction or some other such idea that we are better off without him than with him. 

If you move him for a good return, thats one thing. 

but to suggest the team is better with him in the pressbox... silliness

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Let's address the elephant in the room: did anybody miss Drouin, or think he would have been a difference maker( in a good way) in this game? 

Well, i'll be honest, i'd rather the offensive potential of a line like Drouin - Domi - Suzuki, than Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki

Drouin needs to get his sh*T together period. He is getting pushed hard by Lehkonan - Weal - Suzuki - Byron for those top 9 spots on the wing (figuring Gallagher and Tatar being locks).

At this point he's barely hanging on to 3rd line LW over Byron... And thats only because Byron was hurt.

I am very surprised by Weal's talent as well. He is looking like another very savvy move by MB.

12 hours ago, Habber31 said:

For sure

I remember KK wasn’t good pre-season last year either. I have a feeling he just takes a few games to get going!

I’m not worried, I think the real KK will show up in the reg season