2019-20 NHL Discussion Thread

dlbalr

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I didn't see that coming.  Toronto looked brutal in the third from the parts I saw.  Down 1 (at the time) with a zamboni driver in net - that should've been plenty of motivation right there.

I’m over sees right now - buy will love too hear the Toronto taking heads right now

26 minutes ago, Chris said:

Well, i wouldn't gloat too much habs fans

The leafs are still in front of the habs and have a pretty good shot at making the playoffs, 

15 teams will miss the playoffs, just this season... big deal.

1 team ever, suffered a loss, to an Emergency backup goaltender  (Scott Foster was not credited with the win in his game a couple years ago)..... and thats the Leafs. 

I'm laughing at every Leaf fan I know.

• Like 1

Obviously we don't throw stones from our glass house... the Habs did just get swept in their season series against what will probably be the worst performing team in the salary cap era.

But we do have to enjoy life's simple pleasures as they come. The Leafs lost to a 42 year old zamboni driver has had liver transplant surgery and also happens to be employed by them. 

Rejoice.

Playoffs is the same for everyone, 

half the teams make in the east each year, 

and the habs continue to one of the ones that don't make it, that's embarrassing, not as bad as n losing to a zamboni driver short term, long term it's a joke of a franchise 

9 hours ago, Chris said:

That was a great moment, can't believe when i red it the zamboni driver won that game, just incredible,

Technically a former Zamboni driver; he's the Marlies' building operations manager now. And an (occasional?) practice goalie for the leafs.

Does the trade deadline have the same effect on you as it once did?

I remember staying home always from school on the deadline would always fake being sick lol. Then when I started working would always take it off. But I think ever since they moved it up its never had that same appeal to me.

How about the rest of you?

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Well, i wouldn't gloat too much habs fans

The leafs are still in front of the habs and have a pretty good shot at making the playoffs, 

Really read this text to yourself and tell me again what side your actually on....

Keep fighting the good fight lad...

• Upvote 1

I dont care about the leafs, 

comparing 2 mediocre teams on which one is worse, probably different in Canada i suppose, 

I want the habs to be compared to actual good teams, good drafting, good development and a winning team 

8 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Obviously we don't throw stones from our glass house... the Habs did just get swept in their season series against what will probably be the worst performing team in the salary cap era.

This is how I looked at it.  I enjoyed the hell out of it personally, but I refrained from rubbing Leafs fans' noses in it on Facebook because the Habs are so shitty this season.  Glass house indeed.

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Habs: How embarrassing, we lost all 4 games against Detroit, one of the worst NHL teams in history

Leafs: HOLD MY BEER!

Both fan bases have had some 'paper bag on head' moments this season for sure.

2 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Does the trade deadline have the same effect on you as it once did?

I remember staying home always from school on the deadline would always fake being sick lol. Then when I started working would always take it off. But I think ever since they moved it up its never had that same appeal to me.

How about the rest of you?

I still take the day off from work where I can.  Mind you, I have a Habs-related website to run and another hockey site to write for (if the Habs could wait until the afternoon tomorrow to make their moves, that'd be great) so it's a work day for me either way. 

So Lundgren is getting the start after julien scoffs at reporters over the suggestion that price was being played too much.

9 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So Lundgren is getting the start after julien scoffs at reporters over the suggestion that price was being played too much.

Your grasping at straws anrt you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DON said:

Your grasping at straws anrt you.

No need to grasp at straws. Go read the articles on juliens post game comments last game when he was asked if he is overplaying Price and how he scoffed at those suggestions that price was being overplayed and looked tired.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic