Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

2019-20 Laval Rocket General Discussion Thread

With Laval's season already underway, it's probably time to get the general season thread up and running.  We'll use this thread for any general news and notes about the Rocket and their ECHL players.

Laval does not have their own ECHL affiliate once again but they've partnered up with Maine (Rangers) for the second straight season while they've also sent three players to Adirondack (New Jersey) that are all on NHL deals so at least they have a couple of options to work with.  There's only one player with Laval that was on an ECHL season-ending roster at the end of the season in Joe Cox and his rights are with ECHL Florida so if he's sent down, that's where he'll need to go barring a rights trade.

On the veteran side, they're basically at the max.  Here's a refresher on the rule:

A maximum of five skaters with 320 career professional games* played (as of the start of the season) can dress per night.  Teams can also dress an additional skater with between 260-319 professional GP as a sixth veteran (more than one in this group can play if there are fewer than five veterans with 320+ GP).

*Qualifying leagues towards the veteran GP calculation: NHL, AHL, NLA, Czech Extraliga, Slovak Extraliga, KHL, SHL, SM-liiga, and DEL. Only regular season games count towards the calculation.

McCarron is healthy and on waivers.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:31 PM, Trizzak said:

McCarron is healthy and on waivers.

Probably the best time for him to be on waivers 

47 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Did mccarron clear? 

He did.

Noah Juulsen was sent to Laval. Hopefully he gets into game shape pretty quickly. I'd love to see a Kulak-Juulsen pairing asap.

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Noah Juulsen was sent to Laval. Hopefully he gets into game shape pretty quickly. I'd love to see a Kulak-Juulsen pairing asap.

That might work. The core of our defence (Weber, Petry, Mete, Kulak) is not so different from last season but really things are not working so far. It's only four games, though, so I don't know whether Julien needs more time or we need to swop some of the players.

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I don't think it'll be quick.  (For starters, I think he'll be scratched tomorrow as while he has skated in Laval, he hasn't skated with the team yet so they probably won't throw him in without a practice.)  He also has basically been sitting for the better part of ten months now (save for a brief stint with the Rocket after the injury).  I wouldn't be shocked if he's down there for at least 4-6 weeks before they even entertain the idea of bringing him up. 

In last game was noted that Poehling started 2nd line and was dropped to 3rd.