Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

2019-20 Laval Rocket General Discussion Thread

I was looking at this "Full List Of 2020 Expiring Draft Rights": https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020/05/full-list-of-2020-expiring-draft-rights.html 

I after going through all the players I was wondering if these would fit in Laval?

Luke Henman (C drafted #96 in '18)                25g 74pts 63gms   

Declan Chisholm (LD drafted #150 in '18)      13g 69pts 69gms

Alexis Gravel (Goalie drafted #162 in'18)

Edited by alfredoh2009
removed some of the players that were so-so in my initial list

I wound up looking at the stats for each player as I had added the links in that article back on Monday (it was a bit of a dull night shift).  Chisholm, to me, is the most notable but with all of the LD they've added recently, I don't think there's a great fit unless they were moving a different LD in return.  Gravel feels like an AHL offer at best.  It's not a great class of prospects to sift through overall.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I wound up looking at the stats for each player as I had added the links in that article back on Monday (it was a bit of a dull night shift).  Chisholm, to me, is the most notable but with all of the LD they've added recently, I don't think there's a great fit unless they were moving a different LD in return.  Gravel feels like an AHL offer at best.  It's not a great class of prospects to sift through overall.

I wasn't sure if it was your article or not, great stuff @dlbalr !

Chisholm seems like an update on McEneny or Culkin who are up for re-signing their AHL contracts. Harris does not need to be signed until 2022 and  Olofsson is not always healthy.

31 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I wasn't sure if it was your article or not, great stuff @dlbalr !

Chisholm seems like an update on McEneny or Culkin who are up for re-signing their AHL contracts. Harris does not need to be signed until 2022 and  Olofsson is not always healthy.

It wasn't my article.  The original piece didn't have the EP links, I just added those in.  If Chisholm wants to sign an AHL contract, sure.  Mind you, I'm one who generally thinks that there is rarely such a thing as a bad minor league deal. 

Looking ahead to 2021-22 - I think Harris signs then (there was consideration to signing him for next year) while Fairbrother and LeGuerrier need deals as well (LeGuerrier I think could sign now).  I think one of those two will get a deal.  It's possible Norlinder comes over as well - he has the second year on his SHL deal but that can be overridden by the transfer agreement.  Leskinen could still be around.  That could be the whole left side of Laval's back end right there and who knows, Alzner could still be around for his final season.  (Plus Ouellet/Olofsson could be retained or replaced.) 

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

It wasn't my article.  The original piece didn't have the EP links, I just added those in.  If Chisholm wants to sign an AHL contract, sure.  Mind you, I'm one who generally thinks that there is rarely such a thing as a bad minor league deal. 

Looking ahead to 2021-22 - I think Harris signs then (there was consideration to signing him for next year) while Fairbrother and LeGuerrier need deals as well (LeGuerrier I think could sign now).  I think one of those two will get a deal.  It's possible Norlinder comes over as well - he has the second year on his SHL deal but that can be overridden by the transfer agreement.  Leskinen could still be around.  That could be the whole left side of Laval's back end right there and who knows, Alzner could still be around for his final season.  (Plus Ouellet/Olofsson could be retained or replaced.) 

The Chicutimi Cucumber (and others) have made the point time and time again that the Habs should aim to build a deep talented team to become a perennial contender. Harris, Norlinder and the others may or may not pan out. We I read the article it got me thinking on how to replace the AHL-fillers we have on LD with more talented AHLers.

I was hoping to push Olofsson, McEneny or Culkin out if Chisholm is an upgrade. I would love for the Habs to have to make a tough decision on which LD prospects to keep because we have too much talent.

• Upvote 1