Oct. 12, St. Louis vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

St Louis should have challenged that. Not challenging puts them down by 2. If they win the challenge they're down by one. If they lose they're down by 2 and take a penalty. At this point it's better to take 2 minutes of risking going down by 3 for the chance to only be down by 1. 

16 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

St Louis should have challenged that. Not challenging puts them down by 2. If they win the challenge they're down by one. If they lose they're down by 2 and take a penalty. At this point it's better to take 2 minutes of risking going down by 3 for the chance to only be down by 1. 

Watching live, I figured that one was coming back.  I'm really surprised (and happy) that they didn't.

19 minutes ago, DON said:

0 for 4 on the PP.

First game all season with an 0 for on the PP.... Also the best game we've played all season.  Wasn't perfect defensively but was much improved. 

Kulak and Petry is just a better pairing than Chiarot and Petry. 

I'd like to see Chiarot and Fleury though, I don't like Folin.

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

First game all season with an 0 for on the PP.... Also the best game we've played all season.  Wasn't perfect defensively but was much improved. 

Kulak and Petry is just a better pairing than Chiarot and Petry. 

I'd like to see Chiarot and Fleury though, I don't like Folin.

Julien loves him. 

Fun game to watch for sure and we have lots to be excited about.

-Jeff Petry is better than Weber at this point and is our second best player after Price

-We get hemmed in our own end and run around a lot

-I agree with Commandant that Kulak is a better fit with Petry

-We need an upgrade on Mete

-How amazing would a line of Drouin - Domi - Sniper be? That line is a sniper away from absolute greatness

-I love our depth and we can roll 4 lines and have fresh legs all game long

I think that we are closer to being a playoff team than people give us credit for.

If can have Ouelett, Alzner and Reilly playing in Laval, would be best off. Although Alzner-Ouelette arnt helping much down there yet (Peca-Oulette-Alzner-Weise-Poehling 1a total in 1st three games).

Come on guys does anyone actually believe Douglas Murray or Folin are capable of sniping one the way Chiarot did in Buffalo, or make the pass that sprung Drouin to his goal against St. Louis? Seems the guy gets pegged in this hole already because he is a defensive Dman, that somehow means he can't skate, he can't pass the puck and make plays, or show some poise with the puck and score some timely goals for us.

He looks like the guy he was with the Jets but going through a bit of an adjustment period to play within our style, not some dinosaur Dman with cement skates and a straight blade who is incapable of adjusting and evolving within our system, sheesh.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Link67 said:

He looks like the guy he was with the Jets but going through a bit of an adjustment period to play within our style, not some dinosaur Dman with cement skates and a straight blade who is incapable of adjusting and evolving within our system, sheesh.

I'm reserving judgment on Chiarot until much later in the season, but I must admit I've been mentally prepared for another low-skill plug. He's had some nice plays and some gaffes so far, hopefully it is indeed a part of the adjustment process and we can come to rely on him. 

11 hours ago, Link67 said:

Come on guys does anyone actually believe Douglas Murray or Folin are capable of sniping one the way Chiarot did in Buffalo, or make the pass that sprung Drouin to his goal against St. Louis? Seems the guy gets pegged in this hole already because he is a defensive Dman, that somehow means he can't skate, he can't pass the puck and make plays, or show some poise with the puck and score some timely goals for us.

I was comparing Folin and Murray. And I said that Folin reminds me of a better version of Murray. 

I think Chiarot can play, I think he's a better version of Benn.  I'd like to see a guy like Fleury paired with him.

11 hours ago, Link67 said:

Come on guys does anyone actually believe Douglas Murray or Folin are capable of sniping one the way Chiarot did in Buffalo, or make the pass that sprung Drouin to his goal against St. Louis? 

First of all, Christian Folin is better than Douglas Murray. Let’s make that clear before the comparison begins to spread like wildfire.

Second of all, Christian Folin IS a sniper: