Blood, Teeth, Pieces of Bone. John Ferguson.

Allan Katz

Hi Everyone. My name is Allan Katz and I wrote the memory piece about John Ferguson. My next piece will be about Jean Beliveau. I'd love to hear any feedback on the column and about your memories of your favorite players. It is my belief that where the Habs and our own personal lives intersect is a rich vein for exploration. It is my goal to explore this area and to hear from others their stories where their lives and their being hockey fans intersect. I'm open to answering any questions about process or even my journey to Lala land where I write and act for a living. Curious to hear about you and the passions this team brings out in us.  

• Like 1

Hi Allan,

Good job on the Ferguson Piece.

My era starts in the 80s and with a love for Patrick Roy, so its great to read about the players before that. 

As for critiques on the Ferguson piece, it left me wanting a bit more.... just a bit more of the story... that might be a good thing though.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Hi Allan,

Good job on the Ferguson Piece.

My era starts in the 80s and with a love for Patrick Roy, so its great to read about the players before that. 

As for critiques on the Ferguson piece, it left me wanting a bit more.... just a bit more of the story... that might be a good thing though.

Thank you. Telling a writer you want more is a huge compliment. So much better than, "Geeze, nice, but a tad long there, you lost me." Do you do lastwordonsports? Always enjoy reading it. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Allan Katz said:

Thank you. Telling a writer you want more is a huge compliment. So much better than, "Geeze, nice, but a tad long there, you lost me." Do you do lastwordonsports? Always enjoy reading it. 

Yes, that is my site. 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Allan Katz said:

Hi Everyone. My name is Allan Katz and I wrote the memory piece about John Ferguson. My next piece will be about Jean Beliveau. I'd love to hear any feedback on the column and about your memories of your favorite players. It is my belief that where the Habs and our own personal lives intersect is a rich vein for exploration. It is my goal to explore this area and to hear from others their stories where their lives and their being hockey fans intersect. I'm open to answering any questions about process or even my journey to Lala land where I write and act for a living. Curious to hear about you and the passions this team brings out in us.  

I really enjoyed that read.  Thanks for that. I grew up idolizing the habs because my dad and uncles did.  Dad threw a TV over a balcony in 78. Was so stressed out during the bruins too many men game, that he went and had a bath.  He was paid a bet  in pennies that year.  The following year, he lost the bet. Filled the penny jars with syrup and returned them to the person. If I cheered for any other team, I would not be alive to tell about it. So I cheer for the habs. 

• Upvote 1