OT - Nightmare

alexstream

I rarely dream, or since there are reports that we always dream, I rarely recall my dreams... But my first dream in 2005 was about hockey...

I woke up this morning being sure as hell that the habs had just signed Peter Dags Dagenais to a long term NHL as the main LW... :puke: :wall:

He's a good fill up, but with all the energic guys down the farm and with all the vets available out there, I assume that it was only a nightmare, that it won't happen...

Originally posted by alexstream
Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Who is Peter Dagenais, any relation to Pierre Dagenais? :lol:

LOL I have became too english ... I should stop hanging out with you guys. :que:

and you got called on it by an american :/)

I thought he did okay...

17 goals in what...60 games or so?

he wouldve had probably 25 by the end. Im not saying that we should stay with him long-term, but his stats show that he's not a playmaker but he can put the puck in the net. If only we could get him to HIT SOMEBODY! man the guy plays like a wuss and when he gets mad, instead of getting back at them with a hard clean body check- he'll slash them or something.

I also don't mind him as short term, especially at $450,000. Teams are going to need players like this on there teams to compete under the cap to save room for(enter UFA). But only until one of Perezhogin, Higgins, Hossa, Plekanec or Kostitsyn jumpup to take the spot.

Dagenais [Peter/Pierre] is likely to only get another 2-way contract with the Habs, one that is close to the league minimum, maybe a little above it. He showed some offensive flash at times for the Habs, and I recall even seeing a check or two from him, but his defensive committment is pretty poor. All the younger forwards behind him in the depth charts have been schooled at paying attention to defence, and the ones that learn that the quickest are likely to take his place in the pros.

Originally posted by habscout

Dagenais [Peter/Pierre] is likely to only get another 2-way contract with the Habs, one that is close to the league minimum, maybe a little above it. He showed some offensive flash at times for the Habs, and I recall even seeing a check or two from him, but his defensive committment is pretty poor. All the younger forwards behind him in the depth charts have been schooled at paying attention to defence, and the ones that learn that the quickest are likely to take his place in the pros.

But the habs shouldn't be so quick to put younger players into the line-up because the sooner they get into the league the quicker they become Free Agents(7 year rule). I think they should be absolutely sure before they bring anyone up.