Quebec stands behind Theodore...

puck7x

Just like I thought .... :D

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...on&sport=#82795

I'll translate for those of you who do not read French...

----

The people of Quebec are standing behind Jose Theodore , a majority of people think that Theodore will remain with the Canadiens for next season. According to a leger marketing poll from Journal de Montréal , 71% of the people of Montreal do not want Bob Gainey to trade the young goaltender , 12% want him to be traded , and 16% did not have an opinion.

Note that 89% of the 403 people polled had heard of the incidents of last week involving the Theodore family.

According to the investigation the image of Jose Theodore is not marred , the people of Quebec are giving him the benifit of the doubt.

----

[Edited on 2003-6-24 by puck7x]

What's that I hear?... oh yeah, I resounding "duh".

People have been behind Theo from the start... even most of the people suggesting he should go say it's because it would be the best thing for HIM... not because he's a mofo who hangs with the mob & bikers and the hell with him.

Jason Kidd beat his wife, NJ fans still love him... Ray Lewis was involved in a freakin's murder, Baltimore fans still love him...

I don't think money laundering by association was gonna send the crowd into anti-Theo chants.... c'mon now.

I still think this whole episode gives the team an out, if they happened to think Garon has what it takes but were scared of the backlash if they traded the popular Theo away... now they have their excuse.

Now if only Ribeiro's family can cheat on their taxes or something... hehe

[Edited on 24-6-03 by Habs77]

The know what I find the most funny?

Brisebois goes to Paris for a week when he is supposed to be "relaxing" and the media/fans tear him the pieces!

Sure its okay to hang out with Bikers and be connected to loan-sharking/death-threats but god forbid you go to Paris for a week when you should be taking it easy ... :lol:

Damn double standards , Theodore gets off easy because he's a poster-boy for the team but Brisebois gets torn apart because he plays lousy hockey and is a whipping boy.

Originally posted by puck7x

Damn double standards , Theodore gets off easy because he's a poster-boy for the team but Brisebois gets torn apart because he plays lousy hockey and is a whipping boy.

It's not a double standard as much as it simply a matter of priorities.

The fans' #1 priority is how you perform on the ice, beyond that they don't care. So Hart Winner Theo will get the fans' support despite commiting murder while the mistake-prone overpaid Breezer will get their wrath for J-walking.

That's just how it goes.