Habs vs Wild Oct 17 2019

DON

3 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Best game they've played all year. 

Yes but it's also the worst team they've played all year.  

That said, so far so good for Les Habitants tonight.

1 minute ago, habscout said:

Yes but it's also the worst team they've played all year.  

That said, so far so good for Les Habitants tonight.

Yeah id choose the st. Louis game as best just cause they dominated against a good opponent.

15 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

If Minnesota decide rebuild, do you take on the suter contract?

Nope, we have Weber.  Dropping nearly $15m into 2 34+ defencemen for the next 5 years will kill us.  I'll take Brodin though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Nope, we have Weber.  Dropping nearly $15m into 2 34+ defencemen for the next 5 years will kill us.  I'll take Brodin though.

or Dumba :)

7 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

That'll leave us with 3 good RD and a sketchy LD.

Fleury looked lost or tired before that call.

true that I had not paid attn to shooting hand lolll I guess its just me that was thinking Gally was hurt, he feisty on that goal! 

Well! I'll take that. Apart from some lazy play in the second, it was a good game, albeit against a weak opponent. Mete's first goal (a definite high point), Suzuki's first (nice, but less special), another PPG, a great effort by Gallagher to score the final goal -- and a SO for Price.

:gohabsgo::gohabsgo::gohabsgo:

34 minutes ago, Neech said:

Nice for Carey to get the shutout.  

The Wild are in an awful position going forward - a blah team that has lots of old players locked in longterm.  

If this continues this way you figure they might start thinking rebuild. In which case some of there players might become available.

Like others have pointed out Montreal should be in on that.

13 hours ago, Neech said:

Nice for Carey to get the shutout.  

The Wild are in an awful position going forward - a blah team that has lots of old players locked in longterm.  

Bill Guerin is going to earn his money the hard way. Pretty bad when Rask with one (1) goal is among your forward scoring leaders and your team has scored zero—yes, zero — goals off of the rush.

When Julien was asked if he was worried about Weber's poor play, he defected the comment and threw Mete under the the bus.. 

Victor has his troubles at times finishing and closing and turning pucks over,” said Julien. “When Victor is on his game and skating and moving the puck, Shea is better at defending. It’s a work in progress.”

Come on. Weber's foot speed has been showing more than ever

In the last three games the Habs have

St. Louis....  61.5% corsi, 75.38% xG (5v5) and allowed just 29 shots on goal
Tampa...  55.6% corsi, 52.55% xG (5v5) and allowed just 22 shots on goal
Minnesota... 54% Corsi, 78.4% xG (5v5), and allowed just 17 shots on goal

The defensive issues that we saw in the first four games are resolving...... the trend is real.  The team had issues to start the year in their first 4 games in their own end.  The defence has picked it up starting in the St. Louis game (a softy goal by Price on Blais gifted them a third goal when we really should have held them to two)... The tampa game was again solid outside of a five minute stretch and the Bolts are likely the best offensive team in the league.... the Wild are a bad team, but the Habs played near perfect shutdown hockey on them.   And even with the Wild being bad, you can't say that about St. Louis or Tampa. 

The defense on this team has turned a corner. 

• Upvote 1