Expos get GONZO!! (VETOED by gonzo)

puck7x

The Expos have acquired all-star superstar Juan Gonzalez!

Its about time Minaya did something , we've needed an extra bat like Gonzo in the lineup for a long time now...

The expos has a sick team now , imagine how good we'll be when our injured pitchers are healthy... WOW!

[Edited on 2003-6-27 by puck7x]

I didn't post it because we have 1 baseball thread here & it's about someone's personal league... hehe

I figured nobody would even know what I was talking about... ;)

Apparently the rumor is we're sending Barrett & Ohka the other way.

We'll know if the info is legit after the Texas game tonight, that's when the trade will be announced.

[Edited on 24-6-03 by Habs77]

According to TSN.ca, it'd be Tatis going the other way + something else. I can't see it being a pitcher, as that's the one thing we need most. The last thing the 'Spos need is a rotation of Vazquez, L.Hernandez, Vargas, Kim, ____ (Drew, Reames, or someone else.)

Gonzalez can reject the trade also, so it may not happen.

(Habs77, is my baseball thread really that boring? :) There is Expo stuff merged into there as well, although I'm not quite sure why...)

TSN is simply guessing... they don't have a clue.

As for your thread, I kinda don't see the point of it and don't read it so I couldn't tell you if it's boring or not.

The only time I went there was when I mistakenly thought is was about the Spos... which was a reasonable assumption IMO :)

now we're talkin!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Juan supposedly would waive his no-trade for Omar...according to Jayson Stark last week....when I read that last week I didn't even bother getting excited...thinking it would never happen....

with the news that Vlad could be back in a couple of weeks, this would be awesome.....

I doubt that Tatis is involved because he has sucked for 3 years....and he makes a lot of money....then again...Texas would be paying Juan's salary....we would be paying Tatis'

Shneider has been our good catcher co trading Barrett is okay....Ohka however is part of our beat-up rotation....if we had at least 2 of El Duque, Armas or Day back, I could see trading Ohka....kinda risky right now though.....

Look out playoffs!!!....here we come.....let's avenge 1994!!!

:can::que:

hey administrators....I need an Expos flag

Originally posted by dlbalr

The main point of my thread is that simply whenever I talk to someone about my baseball team, they always mention I should post about it, so I do. Pretty much as simple as that.

You mean there are more people requesting updates on your baseball team than the Expos?... well now that I think about it that sounds about right :)

But I've always been a rebel... I'll stick with the Expos :lol:

[Edited on 25-6-03 by Habs77]

Nope not happening , not anymore...

Gonzo has exercised his no trade clause and rejected the deal , according to his agent... (Saw an interview)

This is after he said he'd play for Minaya... lol

Gonzo has veto'ed the trade...

What a lousy bastard. He had the chance to goto a winning team that had a chance at the playoffs , he had a chance to play for a team who's GM is a close personal friend of his.

BTW : RDS has the Spo's game on TV tonight... The first of 14 games on TV this year...

yah? ... I'll probably watch the CFL game on TSN

you're gonna watch a CFL game instead of the expos???? Bleah!!!!

Omar will have more tricks up his sleeve.....too bad about Gonzo...would've been great

ps...still no expos smiley to choose from

Originally posted by dahabs111

you're gonna watch a CFL game instead of the expos???? Bleah!!!!

Watching Baseball on TV bores the hell out of me , I'd rather goto the games (Which I should do more often...) ...

I still follow the Expos's closely though , I keep track of the standings and watch hi-lites etc... I just cant watch an entire game on TV (some of them go 4 hours long... ugh)

ps...still no expos smiley to choose from

We have enough smilies :) , if I gave into your request I'd have to give into all of them (Sushi smiley , Aussie smiley , lol ) ... Plus we'd have to make an Als smiley of course...

[Edited on 2003/6/28 by puck7x]

I was at the game at Skydome today. Tomo Ohka had a no-hitter going into the 7th, but Delgado broke it up. Expos dominated with a 10-2 victory though, Pearson Cup ended up tied 3-3.

It was pretty lame how they presented the Pearson Cup to both of the teams after the game lol.