Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Change to post voting

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Something like this is an option.  A smaller version of this is available as an option and does not carry a +1/-1 option.  I'm a little hesitant to try that at this point though as that could ultimately yield a similar result; posters will use that for the wrong reasons like they did the -1.

 

react_confused.png

 

 

First, welcome aboard.  Were you able to get the confirmation email quickly?  I ask as I know some people have had issues getting one.

 

Second, we actually have a system like this in place.  If you look below your username below your post above, you'll see Initiation.  That title will increase as your post frequency does.  (And I think when you get to the top ranking, you're able to customize what your title is.)  That's one of the things that was set up back in 2003 that we've carried over as we've made changes/upgrades over the years.

 

Title Minimum Content Items Preview  
Initiation 0  
  •  
  •  
Novice 50  
  •  
  •  
Atom 100  
  •  
  •  
Peewee 150  
  •  
  •  
Bantam 200  
  •  
  •  
Midget 250  
  •  
  •  
CHL Rookie 300  
  •  
  •  
CHL Star 350  
  •  
  •  
NHL Draft Eligible 400  
  •  
  •  
AHL Tryout 450  
  •  
  •  
AHL Leader 500  
  •  
  •  
NHL Injury Call-up 550  
  •  
  •  
NHL Role Player 600  
  •  
  •  
NHL Regular 650  
  •  
  •  
NHL Power Play 700  
  •  
  •  
NHL Franchise Player 750  
  •  
  •  
NHL All-Star Team 800  
  •  
  •  
NHL Veteran 850  
  •  
  •  
NHL Idol 900  
  •  
  •  
NHL Legend 950  
  •  
  •  
NHL Stanley Cup 1000  
  •  
  •  
NHL Yearbook Cover 1050  
  •  
  •  
NHL Hall of Fame 1100    

No email took long to get. I was using Yahoo mail never got a email but when I switch to my outlook one I use for work i got the email.

 

Oh ok never noticed it. But maybe you should show that progress instead of the voting system. I have noticed some people make some really good post but got downvote because it was a negative toward management. Also noticed only popular posters got a like on their post more times then others.

 

Just some outside prospective for you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

No email took long to get. I was using Yahoo mail never got a email but when I switch to my outlook one I use for work i got the email.

 

Oh ok never noticed it. But maybe you should show that progress instead of the voting system. I have noticed some people make some really good post but got downvote because it was a negative toward management. Also noticed only popular posters got a like on their post more times then others.

 

Just some outside prospective for you. 

 

I certainly appreciate the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

 

I certainly appreciate the feedback.

What about just adding a name beside the down vote. Then at least it gives some accountability... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

Something like this is an option.  A smaller version of this is available as an option and does not carry a +1/-1 option.  I'm a little hesitant to try that at this point though as that could ultimately yield a similar result; posters will use that for the wrong reasons like they did the -1.

 

react_confused.png

 

This is what I suggested. I think it would allow us to provide some "lazy feedback". When I have used the current system, it has been to up-vote and annul the down-votes because I find that whole thing silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Habber31 said:

What about just adding a name beside the down vote. Then at least it gives some accountability... 

Similar to LinkedIn and FB that show you who else "feels" a certain way. That would provide some accountability.

 

Twitter has counts on retweets, maybe counting "quoting" of post would provide the value intended by the current +/- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Similar to LinkedIn and FB that show you who else "feels" a certain way. That would provide some accountability.

 

Twitter has counts on retweets, maybe counting "quoting" of post would provide the value intended by the current +/- 

Ya, true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

This is what I suggested. I think it would allow us to provide some "lazy feedback". When I have used the current system, it has been to up-vote and annul the down-votes because I find that whole thing silly.

Haha. Ya. i do this all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Habber31 said:

What about just adding a name beside the down vote. Then at least it gives some accountability... 

 

It is an option and I've had it enabled for me to see for more than a year now to evaluate if it was just a few people who were down voting based on the poster and not the content.  That's exactly what happened which is why I scrapped it.  If we were to re-enable it now with the votes being public, I'd have to do a whole lot more moderating; if you think the complaints about down voting was bad before, I suspect it would be way worse with a name beside it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

 

It is an option and I've had it enabled for me to see for more than a year now to evaluate if it was just a few people who were down voting based on the poster and not the content.  That's exactly what happened which is why I scrapped it.  If were to re-enable it now with the votes being public, I'd have to do a whole lot more moderating; if you think the complaints about down voting was bad before, I suspect it would be way worse with a name beside it. 

Ya, I see what you're saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, Commandant said:

 

As I've said at least a dozen times.... I don't care about votes.   You constantly complained about the downvotes, but I'm pretty sure that both you and Metallica downvoted me regularly.  Funny how I'd get two downvotes whenever I argued with either of you.  Strange how that whole thing works. 

 

As I've also said a number of other times.... I have better things to do with my time then to get into a fight with you over this (or anything else).  Why you'd even try to start one now over posts... I don't know... relax, smoke a dube, whatever... I made a joke, no need to come back attacking me about it. 

 

But I'll be the bigger person here and just walk away.  Welcome to my ignore list. 

 

🤣🤣:bonk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nihilz said:

 

🤣🤣:bonk:

 

Exactly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, Habber31 said:

How is that any different? 

i was thinking that with the heart but the downvote takes "something away" (green "score") as a dislike button hopefully doesn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 1:27 AM, Commandant said:

 

Exactly 

 

Actually, that was directed at you with you self righteous pompous egocentric garbage.

 

So, yea. Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nihilz said:

 

Actually, that was directed at you with you self righteous pompous egocentric garbage.

 

So, yea. Exactly.

 

Whatever,

 

If you think i post garbage... put me on ignore.

 

No need to make personal attacks at people.

 

I didnt attack you so i dont know why you feel the need to make things personal.

 

Of course, when someone resorts to personal attacks as you and others here have done it shows that you are unable to debate the actual issues on an intellectual level, and that is why you resort to such childishness.  

 

People complain about lazy responses... there is no lazier a response than to ignore substance and start name calling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 11:43 AM, Commandant said:

 

Whatever,

 

If you think i post garbage... put me on ignore.

 

No need to make personal attacks at people.

 

I didnt attack you so i dont know why you feel the need to make things personal.

 

Of course, when someone resorts to personal attacks as you and others here have done it shows that you are unable to debate the actual issues on an intellectual level, and that is why you resort to such childishness.  

 

People complain about lazy responses... there is no lazier a response than to ignore substance and start name calling.

 

More self righteous passive aggressive jargon from the "professional blogger". Get a life tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 9:51 PM, nihilz said:

 

More self righteous passive aggressive jargon from the "professional blogger". Get a life tool.

More personal attacks, cause you still dont have an intelligent response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When your progressional blog is doing 2.5 million views a month.

 

 

xG4sB.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 9:09 AM, Commandant said:

When your progressional blog is doing 2.5 million views a month.

 

 

xG4sB.gif

 

Douche bag. See now. The issue with internet dochery is that there is a whole generation of douches that have never been punched in the face for being themselves socially. Back in the day. Face to face. You learned valuable lessons. And, clearly, you have missed out on many in your douchey existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, it's safe to say this thread has run its course and then some...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...