Game #9 Habs@Wild 5:00 EST October 20 2019

DON

Terrible giving up a 3rd period lead to lose in that fashion.  It's time for Julien to send a message about taking stupid penalties as it happens far too often: pressbox Byron for the next game.  It can't continue.

• Like 1

Looks like they blew there wad against the Blues last night and Minne were a team trying there hardest.

Unlucky series of events in the third but I thought Kincaid played decently except for at least one of those goals.

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Now they have 3 days off to fix that god awful penalty kill. What the #### happened to it?

If they had not taken five minors the PK would not have been as serious an issue. But you have someone sitting in the box, and the team is already tired in the second game of back-to-back, you will lose half a step in every race to the puck.

Improve the PK, yes, please. But self-discipline to avoid penalties should be the first step.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Perspective... Team has 34 goals in 9 games... nearly 4 goals per game.   Is an upgrade on offence really the issue?

I think we all know the answer to this one!

More scoring is never bad, but that shouldn't be the priority. Improve the D, stay out of the box and get PK working better.

Danault about 35 minutes TOI over the two nights, including seven minutes on PK.

Weber about 45 minutes including eight minutes on PK.

Tired penalty killers are not good penalty killers.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Perspective... Team has 34 goals in 9 games... nearly 4 goals per game.   Is an upgrade on offence really the issue?

A couple more goals would paper over a few defensive gaffes, but I understand your point.  I have really soured on Byron, and his bonehead penalty that was the turning point in that loss really has me questioning him.

43 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If they had not taken five minors the PK would not have been as serious an issue. But you have someone sitting in the box, and the team is already tired in the second game of back-to-back, you will lose half a step in every race to the puck.

Improve the PK, yes, please. But self-discipline to avoid penalties should be the first step.

I agree with you, but its also chicken and egg.  Tired teams take bad penalties when they are chasing the play. 

This is one of the youngest teams in the NHL on average.  Twice we've played back-to-back and twice we've been terrible in the second game and lost to bad teams (Detroit and Minny). 

Where is the conditioning?  They shouldn't be that bad. 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Team leaders in PIM's Tatar 12, Lekonen 10, all stick penalties, 

Byron has 2 minutes

I would love to read an analysis of these ... how many of these are undisciplined offensive-zone penalties, justifiable defensive-zone penalties, or something else. I haven't seen enough games this year to have formed any sort of an impression myself.