Which D-Man Would You Like Signed?

Fanpuck33_

Which of these guys do you think the Habs should sign?

Adrian Aucoin: 6-2, 215, 32 years old. Right-side D-man who brings some toughness and a great shot.

Adam Foote: 6-2, 215, 33 years old. Right-side D-man who brings a good all around game and Cup experiene.

Derian Hatcher: 6-5, 235, 33 years old. Left-sided D-man who brings a lot of physical play and leadership. His injury last season might help keep his contract lower than he is really worth.

Alexei Zhitnik: 5-11, 214, 32 years old. Left-sided D-man who is smaller than the others, but is a good veteran whose price tag should not be too high.

Sergei Zubov: 6-1, 200, 35 years old. Right-side D-man who adds Cup experience and solid play. Older than the others, and will likely be fairly expensive.

Of that crew?

I suppose Aucoin would be the better choice. Probably the best value for the buck compared to the others.

Aucoin is not bad at all. Yeah he has a terrefic shot. I voted for Foote for my 1st choice though. A really solid defensive dman.. we needed one for years. He's one of the best. And he puts some decent numbers up front too. Might be more an injury concern though. Anyways, 2 quality dman.

I don't see Hatcher in a Habs jersey. As for the 2 russians dman, not sure about them.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Aucoin.

Although I can't really back my choice with good evidence.

He has the best hockey name, and there are some pretty good hockey names on that list.

Foot is not fast already... and he's getting older... depends what you want. if you want a guy only for one year, then Foote is you man.

If you want a beer buddy for Souray for the next 5 years or more, then the obvious quality/price solution is Aucoin

Aucoin is so similar to Souray, I think that we can't go wrong by signing him, they could either make a terrific duo or complete each of Komi's and Markov pairng very well.

Originally posted by simonus

i dunno, foote is a pretty good newspaper hockey name... "sure foote-ed defense" or "Habs dive into the UFA pool, Foote first"

well, if you're looking for puns, then you are right of course, put Foote in your mouth.

- but as for a classic hockey name, a la Jean Beliveau, Bobby Orr, Rogie Vachon, Mario Lemieux and Saku Koivu and so on, Adrian Aucoin is a pretty good one!:/)

[Edited on 31-7-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Not that I am a pro or anything but this is how I see our D lining up this year.

Left Right

1. Aucoin Souray (25 mins/game)

2. Markov Rivet (20 mins/game)

3. Boullion Komisarek (15 mins/game)

Could sub Hainsey in for Frankie if he has progressed enough.

#2 - Has already proven they are a top notch tandem when they are on and very strong for a second pairing.

#1 - 2 strong players but who knows how they will adapt to eachother. Just as important as individual skill in a D-pairing is how well they can work together. Only time will tell.

#3 - Be patient and let them grow because that could very well be our future #1 in the not too distant future. Don't throw them to the wolves just yet. It will take time for both of them to develope.

Just my thoughts. Regardless, it will be exciting whichever FA defenseman we do sign. Can't wait for October.

:ghg:

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon
Originally posted by simonus

i dunno, foote is a pretty good newspaper hockey name... "sure foote-ed defense" or "Habs dive into the UFA pool, Foote first"

well, if you're looking for puns, then you are right of course, put Foote in your mouth.

- but as for a classic hockey name, a la Jean Beliveau, Bobby Orr, Rogie Vachon, Mario Lemieux and Saku Koivu and so on, Adrian Aucoin is a pretty good one!:/)

[Edited on 31-7-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Don't you think that 'A-coin' will as for too much money. :lol::clap::lol:

:ghg:

Originally posted by les_glorieux

FIRST POST, THOUGH A DEDICATED FAN!

don't think we really wanted him anyways.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Zubov wont be in a Habs jersey... just signed a 3-year deal with the Stars...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132110

Welcome aboard my friend. :/)

:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by giupietrantonio

the d-man that i would like to have but i dont think many of you will agree with me but i would like to have Bryan Berard. Chicago will not be offering him a qualifing offer so i think he would be good for the Habs...not a very expesive player.

I've always like berard as well, even if he only sees half the ice. Perhaps he can fill that 5 spot at a reasonable price...

I am not a fan of acquiring Berard. Although, I do like his offensive upside he is FAR too much of a defensive liability. Besides there isn't really any room for him unless we get rid of someone and I don't see that happening in the short-term.

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg:

[Edited on 2005/8/1 by David B]

Aucoin would be also my first choice, he surely would help our defence.

If we can also only upgrade on Rivet ... :eyes:

Originally posted by ch_nl

JLGP

Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre. Get him.

Bob Gainey was talking about a top defender not about a character player like Grand-Pierre.