Oct. 26, Toronto vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

Look at wear the goals against are scored, numerous wide open nets, tap ins, rebounds and odd man breaks

In not saying Price has been great, or hasnt given up some soft goals

As i mentioned earlier, its the entire D zone breakdowns is whats costing them 

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Cousins 4pts in 5gms, nice.

Love the subtle pick on the 2 d-men by Suzuki on Armia's goal, smart player.

It definitely helped to compensate for that hilarious play where he blew a tire and slammed face-first into the boards 😂😂

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It definitely helped to compensate for that hilarious play where he blew a tire and slammed face-first into the boards 😂😂

He blew a tire a couple times

18 minutes ago, DON said:

Cousins 4pts in 5gms, nice.

Love the subtle pick on the 2 d-men by Suzuki on Armia's goal, smart player.

Ive liked Cousins thus far. I thought before the season started he would unseat Thompson at 4C but that was because i believed he was more a C then a W. Since then, Thompson has been a revelation i believe this year. He looks strong on the puck, good on the cycle and faster then LY. Cousins has brought to the team what Shaw took with him to CHI town. Disappointing for Weal who’s looked good to but keeps getting the shaft.

30 minutes ago, Chris said:

Look at wear the goals against are scored, numerous wide open nets, tap ins, rebounds and odd man breaks

In not saying Price has been great, or hasnt given up some soft goals

As i mentioned earlier, its the entire D zone breakdowns is whats costing them 

Its the timing of the goals thats bothering me...

he NEEDS to be our best PKer and best player. He needs to make some of those all world saves just like we expect McDavid and Kuch and Ovi to score those all World goals. That’s what im saying.

Especially when the PK is struggling so much. And its not just the D who by the way has really buckled down 5 on 5 over the last 4/5 games

Really break down his game against SJ for example. Dell looked like Price and Price looked like Dell!

-he was beat clean on a breakaway that eventually got called back after play was completely lopsided in our favour.

We are able to take a lead, completely dominating SJ but first PP the other way...

-the 1st PP goal he anticipated a shot from the right and tried an acrobatic stack of the pads that was not necessary pushing himself outside the post and completely out of the play for an empty net goal after a seam pass. Maybe they still score on that play but Price taking himself out doesn’t help.

-2nd PP goal he makes the save but  unable to cover the puck in front of him in time, it pushes out, they score. fine! OK!

-3rd goal he goes into the butterfly and pushes out to the top of the crease in that butterfly anticipating Hertl trying to go around him or shoot only for him to find the open player and another empty net cause Price is out of position.

- 4th goal beat clean on a wrister from the high slot by Karlsson (and im not talking Erik Karlsson)

4 goals on 14 shots and if you count the clean breakaway goal thats 5 on 15.

Then you add the opening period in TO when we beat up on them for 20 minutes but he lets in a back breaker like that with 16 seconds after stumbling out from his line... another goal on just 5 shots.

kudos to the team for battling back after blowing that 2 goal lead and really running them in the 3rd and Price closing the game out.

we blame the D for the Pk but It is not just the D on the Pk. The forwards seem to not be covering that seam pass with active sticks and more importantly for me Price is not at his best i believe yet. His anticipation (not necessarily puck tracking) but maybe reading of the plays is off.

Sure we all ride Drouin for disappearing last season for the final 2 months of the season but nobody talks about Price and his abysmal October/ November of last year or all of the year before that.

We dont have a #1 LD but Victor Mete was great last night! Petry was the best D on the ice for both teams! Chariot didn’t have a bad game either! Fleury (another kid) was outstanding.

Our #1 G though and highest paid player needs to be exactly that for most of our games.... is all im saying. He should not get a free pass for our PK failures and excuses are for the weak!

Hopefully at seasons end we aren’t saying what a good season but for the Pk that ultimately kept us out of the playoffs.

We want to get our Pk swagger back? It starts with some active sticks and aggressive D. But if we dont get the big, timely saves from Price were doomed

48 minutes ago, Chris said:

Bit the habs arent 1 LD from being a contender 

They are a top LD away from being a solid playoff team (assuming we don't have to give up too much to get one). And that's the first step towards contending.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They are a top LD away from being a solid playoff team (assuming we don't have to give up too much to get one). And that's the first step towards contending.

Exactly. Become a playoff team, then start assessing what's needed for the next level. 

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Everyone is trashing the D Constantly but nobody At all  is holding Price accountable for giving up a goal every 5 shots  over close to 5 periods. We pay him substantially to be the best player and PK’er  on our team and best goalie in the league frankly. And on most nights he should be just that.

With that said, He did settle down last night during  the game but didn’t get challanged all that much in his last 2 games either.

Again,  we can ill afford Price starting off slowly for 2 months before catching fire in December like last season. We need him to be consistently good all season long! Something we haven’t seen from him since his Vezina winning season which seems ages ago

It depends on how those goals are scored on him. Are they off defensive break downs, or are they goals that should be stopped?

We need to stop expecting #31 to be the Price of 2014. 

Once we make our peace with the fact that he’s Henrik Lundqvist, we’ll feel better. Nothing at all wrong with that.

8 minutes ago, Neech said:

TVA showed a graphic that 44% of our goals against came in the first two or last two minutes of the period.

I do believe that this, too, can improve with coaching.

10 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Everyone is trashing the D Constantly but nobody At all  is holding Price accountable for giving up a goal every 5 shots  over close to 5 periods. We pay him substantially to be the best player and PK’er  on our team and best goalie in the league frankly. And on most nights he should be just that.

With that said, He did settle down last night during  the game but didn’t get challanged all that much in his last 2 games either.

Again,  we can ill afford Price starting off slowly for 2 months before catching fire in December like last season. We need him to be consistently good all season long! Something we haven’t seen from him since his Vezina winning season which seems ages ago

Do you think that's part of the problem with management and in most part fan's? Do they/fans  rely on Price to much to be perfect in net to hide the weaknesses of the team? I hate when I hear...... when Price is on top of his game anything can happen. No anything can't happen and he can't do it all by himself.

Edited by Habsfan89

On 10/27/2019 at 5:11 PM, Habsfan89 said:

Do you think that's part of the problem with management and in most part fan's? Do they/fans  rely on Price to much to be perfect in net to hide the weaknesses of the team? I hate when I hear...... when Price is on top of his game anything can happen. No anything can't happen and he can't do it all by himself.

I don't see why management should upgrade the team at all. After all , a critical mass of fans sang hossannahs last year when the team missed the playoffs, and most seem Jim Dandy being told to wait three or four years, then maybe we'll be elite. With the paying customers so utterly contented with utter mediocrity, where is the urgency for the organization to do better? We're going into year three of not having a decent LD and most fans have seemed just hunky dory with it.

21 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Lines at practice 

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Armia
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Cousins - Thompson/Weal - Suzuki

Would it make sense to try moving Suzuki to play with Kotkaniemi, and have Byron in the press box?