2005 Draft Day Thread

shortcat1

I think Price seems like a really talented goalie. And if things don't work out, Gainey can always trade him like they did Garon.

It's waaaaaaaaaay too soon to give up on Gainey. Have a little faith.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Price is talented goalie but did you see this one coming?

I thought a goaltender was the last thing on the list.

And franschiseplayers like Kopitar and Brule was still available.

Do you really get it?

Originally posted by ch_nl

Do you guys think Carey Price was drafted in order to make a deal with another team since Johnson and Pouliot allready had been taken?

There's got to be a tought behind that draft. We lack defenceman and are solid in net. Hey, we even have a former MVP between the pipes!

*Edit*

Will Gainey trade Theodore to the Bolts for LeCavalier?

[Edited on 2005/7/30 by ch_nl]

No, the 2 situations have nothing to do with each other. Theodore is 29, Price is 18. Price wont be in the NHL for 3-4 Years.

If we trade Theodore, Price will not be able to replace him, he wont even be ready for the AHL yet.

And I wouldnt trade Theodore for Lecavalier, lets just wait till next summer when Lecavalier becomes a free agent, and lets try to sign Theodore for a 2-3 year deal.

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

I think Price seems like a really talented goalie. And if things don't work out, Gainey can always trade him like they did Garon.

It's waaaaaaaaaay too soon to give up on Gainey. Have a little faith.

I like what I hear about Price, I just dont like that we picked a goalie.

I'm not giving up on the pick, I'm just disappointed by it. We had a chance to get an impact player (forward) who could step into our lineup in 1-2 years and maybe be a star (superstar who knows). With Price we'll have to wait 3-4 years... and who knows what he'll be like then, its so risky to take goalies early in the draft.

Its sad because we're not going to have another top-5 pick for awhile...

Guess you're right there, Puck.

But LeCavalier hasn't signed with Bolts yet, has he? Do you think Tampa would be willing to trade him now to get some in return?

Originally posted by ch_nl

Guess you're right there, Puck.

But LeCavalier hasn't signed with Bolts yet, has he? Do you think Tampa would be willing to trade him now to get some in return?

No, he hasnt signed yet. He's deciding if he wants 1 year deal (and then become a UFA next summer) or take a long-term deal. The Bolts really want him to sign a long term deal, Lecavalier doesnt seem to want to.

We'll see what happens. But one thing is sure, Tampa does not want to trade him... They've already said it.

If Gainey traded Theo to the Lightning for LeCavalier, who would we depend on then in goal?

200 - Siarhei Kastsitsyn

McKeen's 2005 CHL Import Draft list lists SK as follows:

56 London Knights Siarhei Kastsitsyn Mar.20/87 LW Gomel/Belarus 6 190

Maybe I'll get to see him playing against the Sudbury Wolves in Western Samoa.

Just to clear things up Jay Feaster keeps telling people Vinny will agree on a long term deal which is false. HE wants a to sign Vinny to a long term deal.

And for the last time, it doesn't mean that since they drafted Carey Price today that Theodore is gone. It will take him years to make it into the NHL and by that time who the hell knows what will be going on with the Habs. Same applies to "wtf another goaltender" comments. Just have some faith in Bob.

I do understand that we won't put a guy born in 87 in net this year. But the Bolts are seeking a goalie and they seems to have a problem with signing LeCavalier.

I just don't see the Habs in the need of Price. It sure makes one wonder what they where thinking. For one thing is certain. They did pick Price for a reason and I don't think it's becasue Bob Gainey woke up this morning and realised he needed another prospect goalie.

What I do hope is that it has to do something with bringing a top player to the team since they didn't get what they wanted.

Not another goalie, we just unloaded Garon!

Maybe the price pick was because Mtl has a reputation for good goalies -- you know, you want good smoked meat, you go to Schwartz's -- you want a good goalie, you trade with Montreal. Gainey might have a trade lined up now or is just increasing his assets for future dealing, who knows. Just gotta trust Gainey I guess, hope he proves us wrong.