LD: Hainsey, O'Byrne, Korpikari, Yemelin, Flood

RD: Paquet

G: Price, Danis, Halak

Future lineup down the road (1 of a million possibilities):

Latendresse-Mikus-Kostitsyn

Ryder-Ribeiro-Perezhogin

Higgins-Chipchura-Hossa

Bonneau-Begin-Lapierre

* Plus potentially signing a Lecavalier UFA really puts it over the top.

Souray - Aucoin or new UFA by that time

Markov - Komisarek

Hainsey - Paquet

O'Byrne

Danis-Price or Price-Danis

----------------------------------

*** Of course we'll never have a lineup so massively comprised of Habs prospects... just showing we can fill out a future lineup from within, that's how deep we are in terms of prospects/young vets.

Add the UFA angle, and it looks even better.

When I look at that "depth chart"... the Price pick doesn't look bad at all IMO.

We might really appreciate that depth down the road... at the most key position.

----------------------------------

Of course I'm no prospect expert... just going with what I think from what I've seen & read.

Looking forward to Dan's analysis of where our new prospects fit in our new organizational depth chart.

[Edited on 31-7-05 by Habs77]

Looks good for the better part except for Bonneau. I don't think that he'll be able to make it. Anyways there will be a good three to four more drafts before this scenario can come into play. There could be any number of fast-trackers during that time (at least one anyways.)

:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg:

I dont believe the Price pick is a bad one either. Thats one of the reasons the Habs have such a rich history of winning we've always had the next big goalie ready to take over for the last. We wouldn't have had 10 years of mediocrity if we had've done something like this a few years before Roy left and left us with nothing.

Originally posted by Pycalusus

I dont believe the Price pick is a bad one either. Thats one of the reasons the Habs have such a rich history of winning we've always had the next big goalie ready to take over for the last. We wouldn't have had 10 years of mediocrity if we had've done something like this a few years before Roy left and left us with nothing.

The problem was a combo of switch in managment and of theo taking a bit longer to develop.

Serge Savard wanted to trade Roy for Fiset and Nolan, Fiset closing the 3-4 years gap between Roy and Theo...

But he got fired and Houle traded Roy and Keane for some dump and Joc Thibault, who wasn't a fill in during a 3-4 years gap as Fiset would have been... Yes T-bo was a bit better, but thing is, Theo didn't have starter duties untill 2001 and that was because Jeffie was always injured.

so you're right about the 10 years, but it was planned to be otherwise, Houle just screwed it up... as usual.

Hence the signing of Yann Danis - Plan A

and the drafting of Carey Price - Plan B

It works at all positions in 2000 they took Hainsey and Hossa in the first round and in 2001 they took Komisarek and Perezhogin.

Komisarek is leaps and bounds ahead of Hainsey so they can be Patient with Him

Perezhogin had a great rookie season in Hamilton and if not for a certain incident:wall:and a year long lockout would have worn the CH this past year, so they can afford to be patient with Hossa who had a good year in Europe as far as I've heard.

Ribeiro Took a while - led the team in scoring

Ryder took a while - should've been R.O.Y.

you just want to get a steady influx of players through the draft for promotion or trade to keep your team competitive for years to come. Just my opinion.

Hossa had a good year in Sweden. Not a great year. From time to time he was invisible.

Ryder took a while?! He was drafted low and got one single chance at the camp and took it.

I guess you could call Ryder a late bloomer but when nobody expected anyting special from him. Ryder has worked hard to get where he is and since nobody saw him becoming an impact player he shouldn't be called a late bloomer.