Do fans and management rely on Price too much to hide team weaknesses???

Habsfan89

7 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Once again this post was made because I seen people blame price for goals. But if you look at them their not all on him.

Everyone and their mother knows our D isn't good so just because he hates In your eyes  no one else can  make a comment on it or else a stalker like you thinks their the same person. Wow buddy he really must of pushed your buttons to make you paranoid about him.

This is a former where habs fans voice their opinions about the team its not uncommon people have some same .

I am not saying the D is trash , but to make a push for the playoffs or even a run in the playoffs it needs upgrades.

No one has pushed my buttons. I’m genuinely indifferent as to how people feel about Habs management. Your posts, including spelling mistakes, punctuation, etc. are the exact same as his and for whatever reason you want to deny it. That’s fine. It’s more than the content. I also don’t care about the topic so there’s nothing to push my buttons about. The team has left money on the table for 3 years now and could use a left handed upgrade on defence. Left handed defensemen should be easier to come by than right handed defensemen and yet we still haven’t upgraded. None of that has to do with Price. The argument that fans and management rely on Price too much was fit for 4 years ago, but Price hasn’t had a stretch of absolutely stealing games in a long time. “We’re only winning because of Price” is not a thought that should have occurred to anyone in the recent past.

19 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

No one has pushed my buttons. I’m genuinely indifferent as to how people feel about Habs management. Your posts, including spelling mistakes, punctuation, etc. are the exact same as his and for whatever reason you want to deny it. That’s fine. It’s more than the content. I also don’t care about the topic so there’s nothing to push my buttons about. The team has left money on the table for 3 years now and could use a left handed upgrade on defence. Left handed defensemen should be easier to come by than right handed defensemen and yet we still haven’t upgraded. None of that has to do with Price. The argument that fans and management rely on Price too much was fit for 4 years ago, but Price hasn’t had a stretch of absolutely stealing games in a long time. “We’re only winning because of Price” is not a thought that should have occurred to anyone in the recent past.

If you're taking time to try and find similarities between 2 poster to try and see if they're the same then yes he pushed your buttons and got to you pretty bad. Also shows you need to get yourself a life or a job because you got to much time on your hands. I say this because your the only one doing it, so there for you have issues.
 So I am going to say this one last time...... Stop wasting your time because I have nothing to do with him. You need to move on.

As for your comments about Price, yeah people still think as long as we have him and he his on his game we don't need to upgrade anything. I am a Price fan and just want to see him win a cup as a hab. 

12 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Roy never got anything close to the vote of non confidence Price gets. Not even  1/10th of it. So not quite sure what your saying here but it definitely is not accurate. And rightfully so. He won multiple cups with multiple teams and never went on a  season plus+ long stretch as the worst starter in hockey as Price has recently Again, Price finished off last year very impressively he was great from mid December on. But Im shocked that anyone wasnt super concerned in November when he was continuing the horrendous and disastrous season from year prior.

What his performance in net has to do with MB boggles the mine. The same people so quick to hold Drouin accountable, or speak of Weber's "imminent downfall" are the same to deflect any accountability to our super star goaltender...

Every team has weaknesses. Our weakness should NEVER be goaltending!

In 1993, quite a few fans wanted Roy traded. This was not a small number of crackpots, it was a fairly common idea. A billboard was put up that riffed on the notion. And Roy himself was not always consistent. In fact he had a couple of atrocious playoff series between 1986 and 1993.All forgotten in the rosey colours of hindsight.

So Price has had some mixed results in an October. Forgive me if I don't jump off the Champlain bridge. Like I say, Price is Henrik Lundqvist. A very fine goalie. Not the superhuman Price of 2014. That's reality. This team needs to assemble a respectable defensive unit; MB's comical inability to upgrade the LD is far more to blame for our woes than #31.

48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Metallica --- Last posted on October 17th.
Habsfan89 --- Joined the site on October 20th.

Wow that's all I got to say,  Never thought some people in here had no life but oh well. Think what you want i said what i had to say about this. But man that guy must of really got to you if you can't stop thinking about him lol so sad so sad.

I drive a jeep quick go and read all his post to see if he said anything about driving a jeep. It might take some time but looks like you got all the time in the world to do it.

Edited by Habsfan89

42 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Wow that's all I got to say,  Never thought some people in here had no life but oh well. Think what you want i said what i had to say about this. But man that guy must of really got to you if you can't stop thinking about him lol so sad so sad.

I drive a jeep quick go and read all his post to see if he said anything about driving a jeep. It might take some time but looks like you got all the time in the world to do it.

my look took 2 seconds... it wasn't very time consuming at all.... 

20 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

In 1993, quite a few fans wanted Roy traded. This was not a small number of crackpots, it was a fairly common idea. A billboard was put up that riffed on the notion. And Roy himself was not always consistent. In fact he had a couple of atrocious playoff series between 1986 and 1993.All forgotten in the rosey colours of hindsight.

So Price has had some mixed results in an October. Forgive me if I don't jump off the Champlain bridge. Like I say, Price is Henrik Lundqvist. A very fine goalie. Not the superhuman Price of 2014. That's reality. This team needs to assemble a respectable defensive unit; MB's comical inability to upgrade the LD is far more to blame for our woes than #31.

This is clearly false. Completely bogus!!

Fans of the Montreal Canadiens DID NOT WANT Roy traded. That is 100% fact! Maybe Quebecer's deep in the province who were actual Nordique fans? I recall in 93 after going down 2-0 PRO nordique french papers chirping Roy saying he was done and Hextall was beating him. That he should be traded etc and we all know how that turned out. Remember not all francophone papers were pro Habs back then. We had a serious enemy in Quebec! But to say hab fans wanted him traded is clear falsehoods in order to drive a point across about Price.

Roy wasnt consistent? are you kidding me?

Between '86-93

86 stanley cup champ

87 conference finals loss to philly

88 2nd RD loss to Boston

89 stanley cup finals

90 2nd rd loss to BOS

91 2nd rd loss to BOS

92 2nd rd loss to BOS

93 Stanley cup Champ

that is 18 playoff rounds WON in 8 years. You'd be very hard pressed to find a goalie that can match that kind of consistency

and just to throw in that in 94 he lost in the 1st round to Boston in 7 but i do remember he had an appendicitis missed game 3 and was back game 4. todays goalie would be out for the series!

Im pretty sure nobody was calling for Roy to be traded in 93 especially coming off a vezina!

add to that 

2 stanley cup rings 

2 conn smyths

4 jennings 

3 vezinas and to finalists

all accolades won beteween '86 and '93

Nobody is blaming Price for anything. But he should not be free from criticism and should 100% be held accountability for his play like any other player on this team. Even Carey Price would not be happy with the start he's had to the season thus far. Should we be concerned?

he was bad to end the season in 2017

the worst starting goalie in the league in 2018

bad in oct and nov of last season, only turning his season around in December 2019.

this season start hasnt exactly been in the upper class of starting goalies after 10 games

14 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

This is clearly false. Completely bogus!!

Fans of the Montreal Canadiens DID NOT WANT Roy traded. That is 100% fact! Maybe Quebecer's deep in the province who were actual Nordique fans? I recall in 93 after going down 2-0 PRO nordique french papers chirping Roy saying he was done and Hextall was beating him. That he should be traded etc and we all know how that turned out. Remember not all francophone papers were pro Habs back then. We had a serious enemy in Quebec! But to say hab fans wanted him traded is clear falsehoods in order to drive a point across about Price.

Roy wasnt consistent? are you kidding me?

Between '86-93

86 stanley cup champ

87 conference finals loss to philly

88 2nd RD loss to Boston

89 stanley cup finals

90 2nd rd loss to BOS

91 2nd rd loss to BOS

92 2nd rd loss to BOS

93 Stanley cup Champ

that is 18 playoff rounds WON in 8 years. You'd be very hard pressed to find a goalie that can match that kind of consistency

and just to throw in that in 94 he lost in the 1st round to Boston in 7 but i do remember he had an appendicitis missed game 3 and was back game 4. todays goalie would be out for the series!

Im pretty sure nobody was calling for Roy to be traded in 93 especially coming off a vezina!

add to that 

2 stanley cup rings 

2 conn smyths

4 jennings 

3 vezinas and to finalists

all accolades won beteween '86 and '93

Nobody is blaming Price for anything. But he should not be free from criticism and should 100% be held accountability for his play like any other player on this team. Even Carey Price would not be happy with the start he's had to the season thus far. Should we be concerned?

he was bad to end the season in 2017

the worst starting goalie in the league in 2018

bad in oct and nov of last season, only turning his season around in December 2019.

this season start hasnt exactly been in the upper class of starting goalies after 10 games

2 things

1) Yes there were calls for Roy to be traded during the 1993 regular season when he was sub-par.  I was alive, I was a huge Roy fan, and I remember them. 

2) How was Price the worst starting goalie in the league in 2017-18?

Scott Darling played 44 games with an 888 save percentage.

Craig Anderson played 58 games with an 898

Price had a bad season (behind a horrid defence), but they were worse. 

First of all, I am a huge Roy fan. And I remember defending him against numerous people who thought he was overrated right up until 1993. Roy was also considered middling by some fans (not me) during the 89 run, and got out-goaltended by Moog for three straight playoffs prior to '93. I recall at least one of those playoffs being pretty crap by him, in fact. 

Folks may think Roy was above criticism in his years here. He was not, and much of the criticism was similar to what's been lobbed at Price over the years. 

In the future, people will likely reminisce about Price as this impeccable legend and forget that he had fans sniping and grumbling about him throughout the 15 years when he was the best player in the organization and a top-5 goalie in the league.

Not gonna sit here and defend Roy... but,

actual hab fans were not calling for his trading. Maybe nordique leaning francophone media but actual fans of montreal. I call bullshit  and would love to hear of 1 hab fan who wanted Roy traded! An actual habs fan though! I was in my prime then and remember the early 90's like it was yesterday. Also his sub par 93 season (his actual worse) still landed him 6th in vezina voting 

Also just to note darling was not the starter and split with Ward. Maybe I should of said goalies playing 60 more games. 

His 89 run was one of his better playoffs actually and The habs were pretty stingy that playoff run if I do recall.

And yes he lost to moog in 3 straight after 89 but he didnt play bad and was not the reason we were bounced in the 2nd round. BOSTON was better at that given moment. I'd attribute it more to dealing  with the loss of Gainey and Robinson (which was huge). Then losing Naslund, Smith C.Lemieux and Green the following year. That was not easy to cope with.

Dont quote me on all of them but I'm positive we lost Bob and Larry after the loss to calgary and naslund and Bobby the following year as I was heart broken losing alot of my favs in short order.

21 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I definitely remember  calls for Hayward to get the starting job and roy traded in the late 80s. Vachon is  better tha  dryden  was a thing too.

Ya from closet Quebec nordique fans wanting the pain to stop!!! Haha

6 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

actual hab fans were not calling for his trading. Maybe nordique leaning francophone media but actual fans of montreal. I call bullshit  and would love to hear of 1 hab fan who wanted Roy traded! An actual habs fan though! I was in my prime then and remember the early 90's like it was yesterday. Also his sub par 93 season (his actual worse) still landed him 6th in vezina voting 

Also just to note darling was not the starter and split with Ward. Maybe I should of said goalies playing 60 more games. 

His 89 run was one of his better playoffs actually and The habs were pretty stingy that playoff run if I do recall.

And yes he lost to moog in 3 straight after 89 but he didnt play bad and was not the reason we were bounced in the 2nd round. BOSTON was better at that given moment. I'd attribute it more to dealing  with the loss of Gainey and Robinson (which was huge). Then losing Naslund, Smith C.Lemieux and Green the following year. That was not easy to cope with.

Dont quote me on all of them but I'm positive we lost Bob and Larry after the loss to calgary and naslund and Bobby the following year as I was heart broken losing alot of my favs in short order.

There are like 12 goalies in the league who played more than 60 games last year   if your cut off is 60 games... nearly 2/3 of the league lacks a number 1.  

Darling was the canes #1 that year and Anderson was the Sens.

54 minutes ago, Commandant said:

There are like 12 goalies in the league who played more than 60 games last year   if your cut off is 60 games... nearly 2/3 of the league lacks a number 1.  

Darling was the canes #1 that year and Anderson was the Sens.

LoL this is hilarious 

If you wanna get technical then only 9 goalies started more then 60 games and only 12 played in more then 60 games. Price did not fall in either of those categories! He started 47 and played in 48

And how do you come to the conclusion that darling was the #1 starter for the Canes

Ward 42 starts 23W 14L

Darling 40 starts 13W 21L

The point is Price was trash in 2018 and he was in a dog fight for worst #1G in the league with Anderson plain and simple. And his bad play started at the end of 2017, throughout 2018 and continued through the first +2 months of last season. Theres nothing wrong with questioning his "sub par" play to start the season. I'm not calling for his trading. I'm saying hes not immune to criticism and its not all on the D is all. And that's completly fair 

47 starts 16W 26L  .900   3.11GAA

34% win percentage

55 starts 23W 25L  .898    3.32GAA

42% win percentage

7 more starts

7 more wins

.002 less save %

I'd take #2

5 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

LoL this is hilarious 

If you wanna get technical then only 9 goalies started more then 60 games and only 12 played in more then 60 games. Price did not fall in either of those categories! He started 47 and played in 48

And how do you come to the conclusion that darling was the #1 starter for the Canes

Ward 42 starts 23W 14L

Darling 40 starts 13W 21L

The point is Price was trash in 2018 and he was in a dog fight for worst #1G in the league with Anderson plain and simple. And his bad play started at the end of 2017, throughout 2018 and continued through the first +2 months of last season. Theres nothing wrong with questioning his "sub par" play to start the season. I'm not calling for his trading. I'm saying hes not immune to criticism and its not all on the D is all. And that's completly fair 

47 starts 16W 26L  .900   3.11GAA

34% win percentage

55 starts 23W 25L  .898    3.32GAA

42% win percentage

7 more starts

7 more wins

.002 less save %

I'd take #2

Cool! Math :) #MeLikeMath

10 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I didn’t want Roy traded, but when I heard the The nordique rumours and than later Avs, I foghired we’d at least get Sakic or Forsberg back - which I was fine with.  But the crap trade Houle made.  I think that is right up there with the curse of the Bambino!

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Wins are a team stat.   Goalies don't win and lose games, teams do.   

Save percentage is far more important. 

You keep telling yourself that....

Cause last I checked wins and loses  was a goalie stat as well!

The reality is 5 goals on 15 shots loses the game and 33 of 34 saves (like last night) wins it.

Anderson had a better season  regardless of spin on having a 0.002 difference in save %