Oct. 30, Montreal vs Arizona, 10 PM

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

This wasnt about betting 

I feel your pain. I guess the curse of Vlad is not as strong as the Curse of the Bambino....too bad

2 hours ago, DON said:

Nice pass by Nick to Nick.

Weber on pace for 55pts.

Drouin makes up for lazy backcheck.

Armia, Drouin, Gallagher all on pace for 40 goals -- not that I expect that they will get there.

Both the Gallagher and Drouin goals were great examples of driving for the net and making things happen. Two top lines playing great hockey right now, and the fourth line is solid, too. Somehow need to invigorate the third line, though: I'm hoping that Julien will make change there soon, whether it be Byron, Kotkaniemi or Lehkonen.

Cale Fleury had 10 hits. Second most in the game on either team was Chariot with 5 hits.

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Cale Fleury had 10 hits. Second most in the game on either team was Chariot with 5 hits.

I like him so far. Seems to have a better ceiling than folin.  And the physicality is certainly there. 

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He struggled in his own end. He almost got Danault leveled, with a deadly pass too

Don't get me wrong, I really like Fleury and he will learn from these mistake,  I just don't think Reilly is a good partner for him 

At Even Strength yesterday. 

Fleury/Reilly was the only pair under 50% Corsi and got absolutely buried at 35.7 (Reilly) and 38.46 (Fleury).  

That pair didn't work particularly well. 

The ADD line was also poor in possession.... all in the 30s. 

KK was at 45%

The rest of the team were even or positive possession players. 

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If you watched the game, could you add your comments on why this line wasn't working so well yesterday (setting the Drouin goal aside)? I only saw the goal highlight video, which looked nice enough, but it's only 20 seconds out of a game.

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If you watched the game, could you add your comments on why this line wasn't working so well yesterday (setting the Drouin goal aside)? I only saw the goal highlight video, which looked nice enough, but it's only 20 seconds out of a game.

Being a road game, the Coyotes did a good job of getting the matchup they wanted which was the line with Keller, Dvorak and Kessel on against that line.  The line isn't meant to be a matchup defensive line and that created issues. 

That coyotes line pushed the pace on them, they also did a good job of pinching at the line with Goligoski and Chychrun, keeping the puck in the habs end for good stretches. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I see what you did there 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

At Even Strength yesterday. 

Fleury/Reilly was the only pair under 50% Corsi and got absolutely buried at 35.7 (Reilly) and 38.46 (Fleury).  

That pair didn't work particularly well. 

KK was at 45%

The rest of the team were even or positive possession players. 

Dare I say that the ADD line wasn’t paying attention? Yes, I dare

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Habber31 said:

He struggled in his own end. He almost got Danault leveled, with a deadly pass too

Don't get me wrong, I really like Fleury and he will learn from these mistake,  I just don't think Reilly is a good partner for him 

Just for the record, my comment wasn’t in response to yours. The 10 hits Fleury had was just a stat that stood out to me when looking at the teams stats for both teams.