UFA SEASON (Selänne to Anaheim)

puck7x

Man, this sucks. I'm in shock right now. I though for sure that Pierre was gonna work something out with Adam. Oh well, thanks for the memories and good luck in Columbus, Adam. They need you more then we do. This could possibly be another sign that Peter and Nazzy are gonna sign their package deal in Colorado. Terry Frei was writing that the Avs are either gonna sign Foote or sign Forsberg and Nazzy. That sure as hell better be the reason. Although I'm not sure how Foote would've fit into the new rules. So now it looks like:

Blake-Liles

Skrastins-???

Vaananen-Boughner

There are 2 things I see happening.

1) Boughner will be moved up to play with Skrastins and Sauer will play alongside Vaananen

2) Lacroix goes out and signs a cheap-yet-reliable type defenseman. I have no idea what guys contracts are but off the top of my head I'm thinking Numminen, Brisebois or Ference (Brad, not Andrew).

But no matter what happens, I'm going to slowly cry myself to sleep tonight. *sobs*

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started to worry too.

I keep hearing Kovalev will sign with the Penguins, and now the defencemen that best fit the Habs lineup are signing elsewhere, or demanding too much.

I may end up going crazy if Gainey doesn't do something soon.

Someone, please, tell me everything will be alright

[Edited on 2005/8/2 by Trizzak]

Originally posted by jetsniper

Man, this sucks. I'm in shock right now. I though for sure that Pierre was gonna work something out with Adam. Oh well, thanks for the memories and good luck in Columbus, Adam. They need you more then we do. This could possibly be another sign that Peter and Nazzy are gonna sign their package deal in Colorado. Terry Frei was writing that the Avs are either gonna sign Foote or sign Forsberg and Nazzy. That sure as hell better be the reason. Although I'm not sure how Foote would've fit into the new rules. So now it looks like:

Blake-Liles

Skrastins-???

Vaananen-Boughner

There are 2 things I see happening.

1) Boughner will be moved up to play with Skrastins and Sauer will play alongside Vaananen

2) Lacroix goes out and signs a cheap-yet-reliable type defenseman. I have no idea what guys contracts are but off the top of my head I'm thinking Numminen, Brisebois or Ference (Brad, not Andrew).

But no matter what happens, I'm going to slowly cry myself to sleep tonight. *sobs*

You should cry!

I don't think Forsbeg will sign with the Avs. I think you are in for a rough year. Still a good team? Yes but nothing like it was!

No cup for you :clap:

:hlogo:

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

You should cry!

I don't think Forsbeg will sign with the Avs. I think you are in for a rough year. Still a good team? Yes but nothing like it was!

No cup for you :clap:

:hlogo:

YUP, that's so cool that some of the teams like the Avs and the Leafs are almost at the cap limit before signing one UFA? now if you look on tsn you'll say, but alex, they have only 22M committed.. yes, but it's committed to only 9 players, take acount of the fact they have major holes and that they qualified 6-10 players at 6-10M... that that they still need more players after that... they cannot afford any big name IMO

RE: Aucoin

My take is he wasn't too expensive in the absolute... the $ he was asking would have fitted in habs budget... However, what he was asking was too much for an Adrian Aucoin under a new CBA according to BG... BG is not keen on overpaying for UFA, he did it only once and got fired (turgeon and audette:wall:) he learned his lesson.

As we stand rightnow, I think that if all the players accept their qualif, we have roughly a 28M payroll... with the habs reported to be willing to spend up to 35M... we're in a better shape than TO to attract UFAs... But BG is no fool... he won't give more to Aucoin or Foote than they were earning PRIOR to the lockout (that's actually the case, both were earning 4M and foote signed for 4.5 and I guess Aucoin is looking for the same numbers)

So we'll either sign a better guy at around the same price, or a guy who's not as good, but for half the price... I'm not worried, there is still a lineup full of quality UFAs and some more very decent UFAs

Wow.... Foote created the chain reaction alright.

Looks like defense was a first on everyones list.

What's left for us?

Guess forwards are going to start making their way around now...

Why does everything think that the Leafs are going to sign anybody. The're signing no body. They only have $7 million dollars to sign about 7 players they need to fill out there 23 man roster. And thats if they go to the cap level or $39 Million. Realistically they'll only go to about $36 Million at the most, which means they have $4 million to sign 7 players. Unless they trade Belfour (not a chance) Sundin over priced at $6.5 Million for someone who hasn't played hockey in over a year, or Brian McCabe (the best of the 3 and still overpaid) they have no way of freeing up salary. John Ferguson is waiting for next year, same as Bob Gainey, to hit the Free Agency jackpot with Iginal, Lecavalier and Thornton. Now thats provided that Tampa, Boston and Calgary don't sign them to longer deals (unlikely) or trade them during the year to atleast get something back...difficult because of the salary cap and no-trade clauses...if they have them.

[Edited on 2005/8/2 by kaos]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Holy sh!t!!!!!

The Flyers got 3 towers.

Hatcher 6-5 235lbs

Therien 6-3 235lbs

Rathje 6-6 245lbs

Yea. Remember when we flew around the Bruins' towers using skill and speed? Let's hope guys like Perezhogin are ready to do that now, too.

Rathje hurts, Hatcher is a mean SOB, but Therien is brutal.

Philly is going to be a serious team this year. But will they just fall in the playoffs much like the Leafs?

Still... gotta wonder how many guys they are going to take out in the process :o

Originally posted by jl.roberts
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Holy sh!t!!!!!

The Flyers got 3 towers.

Hatcher 6-5 235lbs

Therien 6-3 235lbs

Rathje 6-6 245lbs

Yea. Remember when we flew around the Bruins' towers using skill and speed? Let's hope guys like Perezhogin are ready to do that now, too.

Rathje hurts, Hatcher is a mean SOB, but Therien is brutal.

Ant they have Joni Pitkanen, D. Markov and Kim Johnsson..

Looking forward to see them crunch the Penguins :D

Glad we are not in the same division lol