Nov. 2, Montreal vs Dallas, 7 PM

dlbalr

4 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t get why Koko and now Poehling are being saddled with Lekhonan and Byron.  Don’t know why they don’t try a kid line. Out Suzuki with one one Poehling or Koko.

I thought that it was simply to allow the future top two centres to improve at the NHL level with solid defensive teammates that can also pinch in 15 to 20 goals

I think it's a good way to let them play decent  minutes

Not one to complain about referees, but I honestly think they were responsible for sucking the air from the sails of the Habs on this game. We came out flying and had go pace and opportunity shots on net. The penalty shot and Weal penalty which resulted in a goal. Come to mind on first thought. Both very weak! 

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Yes, two even-strength goals so far this year, and three assists for five points. Other forwards (on even strength) ...

• Suzuki: 3g + 2a = 5
  • Domi: 1g + 4a
  • Thompson: 0g + 4a
  • Armia: 2g + 2a
  • Byron: 0g + 3a

Lehkonen is not the only one "not producing". (I'm only comparing even strength as Lehkonen doesn't play on PP.)

That's selective stats. Thompson had been great in a 4th line role. Domi and armia both have pp points and have produced.  Hell Armia is a beast this year.  Suzuki has done fairly well in his role overall. Byron is not shooting.  His shot numbers are crazy low. Lehko... read what habs29 said. Byron and Lehkonen are not performing well enough to be with talented players right now. 

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

That's selective stats. Thompson had been great in a 4th line role. Domi and armia both have pp points and have produced.  Hell Armia is a beast this year.  Suzuki has done fairly well in his role overall. Byron is not shooting.  His shot numbers are crazy low. Lehko... read what habs29 said. Byron and Lehkonen are not performing well enough to be with talented players right now. 

I'm not "selecting" any stats. These are simply the 5-on-5 goal/assist numbers for this year, comparable between players (normalized for playing time and excluding special teams).

Byron's stats are very bad, both the basic and advanced. Lehkonen's are not as bad: he is a defensive forward, after all, not a scorer. On the basic stats, the third- and fourth-line players are all roughly around zero for plus-minus. And Byron is actually +2. The only exceptions are Cousins at +5 and Weal at -4.

Armia is off to an amazing start.  Domi is solid and looking like last year will repeat. Thompson has been fantastic for a fourth liner. Suzuki has been good as a rookie.

"I couldn't hit a fat lady's ass with a scoop shovel" Lehkonen has not had a comparable start to those guys.  Byron is even worse this year because he isn't even shooting the puck. 

Domi's playing looks good, but his 5-on-5 results are not on last year's level: he's scoring at 0.33+1.33/60 minutes so far this year, compared to 1.16+1.64/60 last year. His totals look OK this year because his PP results are good, 1g+4a so far on the PP.