Nov. 2, Montreal vs Dallas, 7 PM

dlbalr

Montreal is hoping to sweep the week as they're in Dallas to take on the Stars.

Montreal.jpg

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Armia
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Byron
Cousins - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Reilly - Fleury

Price

Dallas.jpg

Benn - Seguin - Radulov

Gurianov - Hintz - Pavelski

Janmark - Dickinson - Perry

Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau

Lindell - Klingberg

Oleksiak - Heiskanen

Hanley - Fedun

Bishop

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM on City TV, SN East, TVA Sports, and FS-SW.

It'll be interesting to see whether Suzuki can inject life into the third line.

I think the fourth line should be OK without him, with Cousins, Thompson and Weal -- interestingly, three centres, at least they'll have flexibility for face-offs!

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

It'll be interesting to see whether Suzuki can inject life into the third line.

I think the fourth line should be OK without him, with Cousins, Thompson and Weal -- interestingly, three centres, at least they'll have flexibility for face-offs!

This season's fourth line would have been third or second just a couple of seasons ago.

the CH is on the mend

That chance to clear that ended up being a weak backhanded turnover by Byron....what the hell?!  It's not just that he's not scoring, he's making mistakes defensively now too...pretty useless out there.

7 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That chance to clear that ended up being a weak backhanded turnover by Byron....what the hell?!  It's not just that he's not scoring, he's making mistakes defensively now too...pretty useless out there.

He's been so shit 

Price has been so average

29 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

He's been so shit 

Price has been so average

Boy...any goal Price lets in nowadays, is automatically declared a goal he should have had. That was NOT a bad goal, given the screen on the play. People seem to expect the guy to have a .000 GAA and a 1.00 save %.

Try this: would you be saying it was "average" if Henrik Lundqvist let that in? No? That's the way to think about Price.

Dallas has missed capitalizing on some Grade A chances. When that happens to the Habs, the other team usually scores to tie it up soon after, and then takes the lead. Here’s to hoping that happens in our favour this time. 

37 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Boy...any goal Price lets in nowadays, is automatically declared a goal he should have had. That was NOT a bad goal, given the screen on the play. People seem to expect the guy to have a .000 GAA and a 1.00 save %.

Try this: would you be saying it was "average" if Henrik Lundqvist let that in? No? That's the way to think about Price.

I don't even know what your Lundqvist reference means

There was absolutely no screen on that goal. He miss read it. 

. 916 sv%, 2.58 goals against. 28th in the league in save percentage and 26th in goals against. 

10.5 million a year, I can say what ever I want about Price(very rarely do) . The past 3 years, he's been average. 

Just now, Habber31 said:

I don't even know what your Lundqvist reference means

There was absolutely no screen on that goal. He miss read it. 

. 916 sv%, 2.58 goals against. 28th in the league in save percentage and 28th in goals against. 

10.5 million a year, I can say what ever I want about Price. The past 3 years, he's been average. 

He's actually been amazing this period, if you've been watching. A pity about the penalty shot.

Galley rattled off how he has a .935 save % in his last four games.

"Average" 🙄

They guy is also playing behind a tire fire of a defence.

All I'm saying with the Lundqvist reference is, people expect Price to be the Price of 2014. He's not. He's Henrik Lundqvist.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He's actually been amazing this period, if you've been watching. A pity about the penalty shot.

Galley rattled off how he has a .935 save % in his last four games.

"Average" 🙄

They guy is also playing behind a tire fire of a defence.

All I'm saying with the Lundqvist reference is, people expect Price to be the Price of 2014. He's not. He's Henrik Lundqvist.

Lots of goalies have four good games.. means nothing... what matters is can he play like the top player on the team.  He has been pretty average this season. Habs are winning on goal scoring.

that said, the team defence blows.

Just now, brobin said:

Lots of goalies have four good games.. means nothing... what matters is can he play like the top player on the team.  He has been pretty average this season. Habs are winning on goal scoring.

It is definitely something that needs to be taken into account. The defense is a joke.

Price would probably have a couple cups, if he had decent team in front of him. 

3 minutes ago, brobin said:

Well, the team has played 13 games. So if we're going to declare Price's season "average," four great games (five including tonight's) are a significant chunk of the sample size.

I'm not saying the guy is Superman. I just don't see his play as our main problem and from what I've seen he has been quite good. I think expectations are off the chart for him and that he consequently "falls short" even when he plays like a very fine NHL goalie.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, the team has played 13 games. So if we're going to declare Price's season "average," four great games (five including tonight's) are a significant chunk of the sample size.

I'm not saying the guy is Superman. I just don't see his play as our main problem and from what I've seen he has been quite good. I think expectations are off the chart for him and that he consequently "falls short" even when he plays like a very fine NHL goalie.

You're right. He shouldn't be to blame for the issues in front of him

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The end of the period again ... admittedly on a PS, but still.

That wasn't much of a call on the penalty shot either.  That was minimal contact that probably doesn't get called in a lot of games.  But Chris Lee's doing this one and they're calling a lot of things that aren't really penalties so it just gets added to the list.

It's disappointing to see the Habs get out-skated through 40 minutes.  Dallas isn't as fast as Montreal and they're the ones on the back-to-back.  I suspect we'll see some line juggling for the third to see if that wakes them up.