Boston Lands Isbister

Psycing

Doesnt bother me. Isbister never developed into the player people thought he would, and he's not about to do that in Boston. It just fills one of Bostons roster spots with an average player.

No big deal.

Not likely.

He hasn't followed the 'way to do things' as a rule. I like that.

:ghg:

As an Oiler fan I have no problem with this deal. I had high hopes for him. He would show glimpses of what he could be but couldn't be counted on to bring it consistantly. In the new NHL Isbister is too expensive as a 3rd or 4th liner. Harvey will do the same job for half the price, and probably do a better job at it. HOWEVER, that being said I could see him pulling a Knuble if Boston keeps Thronton.

Originally posted by BruinsGM

As an Oiler fan I have no problem with this deal. I had high hopes for him. He would show glimpses of what he could be but couldn't be counted on to bring it consistantly. In the new NHL Isbister is too expensive as a 3rd or 4th liner. Harvey will do the same job for half the price, and probably do a better job at it. HOWEVER, that being said I could see him pulling a Knuble if Boston keeps Thronton.

Exactly what I think... I just hope for the Bs that they don't expect to turn him into Murray... what a lame organisation... shame on them. :-^

Originally posted by jl.roberts

Now they've added Dave Scatchard.

sportsnet.ca

Scatchard is an excellent fit as a 3rd line center ... dmd, the Bruins were supposed to be losers this year. It seems like they'll still have a great team. :nono:

But on the other hand they don't know how to win the 1st playoff round - lately ... :D

Boston had to make a big splash in the free agent market.

I believe at one point they had a roster of 3 players!!!

Not to mention, they have to surround Thorton with talent if they want him to stay.