Development Camp & AK/Zhog News

puck7x

(Scroll down for Perezhogin/Kastsitsyn news)

http://www.canadiens.com/english/presse/co...dex.cfm?id=1762

2 Invites : Michel Bergevin-Robinson (G) & Adam Paiement (click name for stats)

Kastsitsyn will NOT be there..

Camp starts July 2nd

Players List

---------------<table cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr class="smalltxt" align="top"><td align="top">Forwards<br>A.Perezhogin?<br>C.Higgins<br>D.Milroy<br>C.Urquhart<br>M.Lapierre<br>J.Ferland<br>C.Locke<br>M.Lambert<br>D.Stewart <br>A.Deveaux<br>S.Selig<br>J.Bonneau<br>A.Paiement*<br>E.Shaw*<br><br></td>

<td align="top">Defense<br>A.Archer<br>K.Korneev?<br>R.O'Byrne<br>O.Korpirkari<br>M.Shasby<br>T.Linhart?<br>C.Flood<br>R.Glenn?<br>D.Martin*<br><br><br><br><br><br><br></td>

<td align="top">Goalies<br>O.Michaud<br>J.Halak<br>M.Bergevin-Robinson*<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br></td></tr></table>

? = Not sure... (They were on the first list , not on the second)

* = Tryouts

(Although it said 9 of the 11 2003 draftees would be there , so I am not sure who the other guy not going along with Kastsitsyn is... Maybe O'Byrne since he would have to pay his own way to camp because of NCAA rules ... or maybe one of the goalies)

[Edited on 2003-7-2 by puck7x]

What about Puurula? Or Tarasov?

I'm guessing puurula probably has some military to perform, but I'm not positive.

And Tarasov? I hate to say it, but that was probably his last chance.

:mad:

And no Kastsitsin

:mad: :mad:

BTW, with HF updated, here's our young'n lines :/)

Hossa-Ribeiro-Ward

Perezhogin-Higgins-Balej

Kastsitsin-Urquhart-Thinel

Ryder-Lapierre-Locke

Komisarek-Hainsey

Shasby-Beauchemin

Archer-Linhart

Michaud

Puurula

(Note: Those are the positions given by HF, not by me)

BTW, rankings are still the same (we're 4th), but here's a comparison

Us: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=17

30th (SJ): http://hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=19

Good to see we're full of good prospects.

Stanley in 2006!

Hmmm RDS has a different list of players...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/HOCK...AN3EFCA06E.html

Edit (Canadiens.com new link) : http://www.canadiens.com/english/presse/co...dex.cfm?id=1766

The other guy from the 03 draft who isnt going is Heino-Lindberg ...

The RDS list doesnt have Perezhogin on it... Korneev , Linhart , Glenn are also missing from the RDS list , plus RDS has listed a 2 extra camp invites (Evan Shaw , Derick Martin) Both of them are d-men

Canadiens' 2003 Development Camp invitees

Player Position Acquired 2002-2003 team

ARCHER, Andrew D 2001 Draft Guelph (OHL)

BERGEVIN-ROBINSON, Michel G Try-out Baie-Comeau, Shawinigan (QMJHL)

BONNEAU, Jimmy LW 2003 Draft Montreal (LHJMQ)

DEVEAUX, André C 2002 Draft Owen Sound - Belleville (OHL)

FERLAND, Jonathan RW 2002 Draft Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)

FLOOD,Mark D 2003 Draft Peterborough (OHL)

HALAK, Jaroslav G 2003 Draft Bratislava Jr. (SLOVAKIA)

HIGGINS, Christopher C 2002 Draft Yale (ECAC)

KORPIKARI, Oskari D 2003 Draft Karpat (FINLAND)

LAMBERT, Michael LW 2002 Draft Montreal (QMJHL)

LAPIERRE, Maxim C 2003 Draft Montreal (QMJHL)

LOCKE, Corey C 2003 Draft Ottawa (OHL)

MARTIN, Derick D Try-out St-Mary’s Univ. (SIC)

MICHAUD, Olivier G Free agent Shawinigan - B. Comeau (QMJHL)

MILROY, Duncan RW 2001 Draft Kootenay (WHL)

O’BYRNE, Ryan D 2003 Draft Nanaimo (BCHL)

PAIEMENT, Adam RW Try-out Belleville (OHL)

SELIG, Scott RW 2000 Draft Northeastern Univ. (H. EAST)

SHASBY, Matt D 1999 Draft Alaska-Anchorage (WCHA)

SHAW, Evan D Try-out Michigan State (CCHA)

STEWART, Danny LW 2003 Draft Rimouski (QMJHL)

URQUHART, Cory C 2003 Draft Montreal (QMJHL)

More Info

Prep for rookie tourny : Sept 3-5

Rookie Tourny : Sept 6-10

Habs MAIN Training camp : Sept 12th

77 days until Habs training camp starts...

[Edited on 2003-6-27 by puck7x]

An interesting player on this list is D-man Matt Shasby. Last time I checked, we didn't sign him, thus making him a UFA. Obviously, we have signed him, or we're intending to sign him, which is good news IMO.

I really like the fact we invited Adam Paiement. I've seen this player in the past, and I really liked him, he is a big-gamer, as his playoff totals show. Hopefully we'll sign him to a contract, although I doubt we will since seldomly do we ever sign any invitees from this camp.

Originally posted by dlbalr

An interesting player on this list is D-man Matt Shasby. Last time I checked, we didn't sign him, thus making him a UFA. Obviously, we have signed him, or we're intending to sign him, which is good news IMO.

I really like the fact we invited Adam Paiement. I've seen this player in the past, and I really liked him, he is a big-gamer, as his playoff totals show. Hopefully we'll sign him to a contract, although I doubt we will since seldomly do we ever sign any invitees from this camp.

I'm not sure about Shasby , we might just be inviting him to the camp as a "try-out". He isnt signed , he isnt our property after July 1st (if we dont sign him) , so he basically is a try-out ... He has no guarantees of being signed.

Thanks for the info on Paiement , its good to know that he is "clutch". Although still a longshot to get a contract...

He isnt signed , he isnt our property after July 1st (if we dont sign him)...

Technically, he isn't our property now, as he became a free agent June 1st, and was free to sign with any other team (just like Kiel McLeod). The fact that he's with the team tells me that the two parties may have agreed to let him go for now and sign him at a later date (in order to concentrate on signing other guys like Archer/Milroy).

Originally posted by dlbalr

He isnt signed , he isnt our property after July 1st (if we dont sign him)...

Technically, he isn't our property now, as he became a free agent June 1st, and was free to sign with any other team (just like Kiel McLeod). The fact that he's with the team tells me that the two parties may have agreed to let him go for now and sign him at a later date (in order to concentrate on signing other guys like Archer/Milroy).

ARGH! Another deadline that I messed up. Why does the NHL have to make their deadlines exactly one month apart from each other? Its very confusing...

ARGH! Another deadline that I messed up. Why does the NHL have to make their deadlines exactly one month apart from each other? Its very confusing...

It's not confusing because the dates are exactly one month after the other. You know that the 1st of the months (June/July) are "free agency dates". You're just having an off-day I guess. :)

Well I'm no expert, but it's my understanding that we have 1 full year after he is done with school. If that is indeed the case, and I'm fairly sure it is, we have his rights until June 1st, '04.

We did lose Craig Murray from University of Michigan, as he was done with school last year, and never given a contract this year.

But then again I could be wrong, but at least Shasby will be at camp. I really hope they sign him, as he has good size and had a great junior season, even though this season was tough. I get some UAA games from direct tv, and they were one of the worst Div 1 teams I have ever seen. Loaded with freshmen they just looked very weak. It's no wonder Shasby's stats were down. Hopefully he shows something at camp.

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...rt=LNHCAN#83304

- Habs having troubles signing Perezhogin , Gainey hasnt given up hope of signing him before camp.

- Kastsitsyn wants a contract before he comes over to North America

Come on Bob! Work your magic :)

Edit : Opps didnt see your post GoHabs ,

[Edited on 2003-7-2 by puck7x]

I personally don't think bringing them over is that important for the coming year.

I could see them play this year in Russia, then even perhaps another year if the lockout lasts a while... then when they do come over they'll be ready to step right in, bypassing Hamilton altogether.

But I do believe that if Gainey wants them here, they'll be here... Bob gets things done.