NHL06: Preorder on sale for $31.99cdn

puck7x

Guys, I wouldn't expect much from NHL 06. I doubt they will have any of the rules implemented, nor updated rosters. I know for PC users and PS2 user with an adapter can download updates, but if you're on a console with no internet, expect very bad rosters. Last year's game had rosters accurate as of July 1, 2004, months before the game came out.

I recommend ebay for any software purchase :D (unless we're sponsored by futureshop)

I got a Thaï legit version of 05 with a disquette to put everything in english, works like the real thing but costed only 10$ (5 months after the game was out though... if you want to have it in the first month, it's likely as expensive as the real thing)

• 2 weeks later...

No salary cap in 06... That figures... Why are they rushing it out then? They knew a cap was coming, they should have worked in it or atleast delayed it a few months. Their will be little difference between 05 and 06. Ugh.

Hopefully ESPN has the cap, cuz that'll be the one I buy. Plus it's cheaper. EA charges too much for too little.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

No salary cap in 06... That figures... Why are they rushing it out then? They knew a cap was coming, they should have worked in it or atleast delayed it a few months. Their will be little difference between 05 and 06. Ugh.

Hopefully ESPN has the cap, cuz that'll be the one I buy. Plus it's cheaper. EA charges too much for too little.

I told you EA wouldn't have this new rules. The default rosters are going to go out of control I bet. Thank goodness for downloading updates.

As for ESPN, EA bought them out since they were providing too much competition. The only other hockey game I know that is coming out this year is Gretzky NHL 2006 for PS2.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I told you EA wouldn't have this new rules. The default rosters are going to go out of control I bet. Thank goodness for downloading updates.

As for ESPN, EA bought them out since they were providing too much competition. The only other hockey game I know that is coming out this year is Gretzky NHL 2006 for PS2.

That was only for the Madden series. There will still be 2K games, it just doesn't have ESPN in it. It's like...NHL 2k6 powered by ESPN or something like that. And EA hasn't put out a decent hockey game since NHL 99, I look forward to NHL 2K6, word is they're delaying it to get updated rosters and other little things that have happened in it before the release.

• 5 months later...

Ok i just got a copy of NHL 06 and theres one problem ive found. I play on difficult mode with some defensive-type settings but i still find that there are way too many goals. I'm talking like 12-15 goals a game. Some may enjoy this but i want there to be a more realistic number like 6 or 7 goals per game. Anyone know what kind of settings will get me this?

Q60, I wish I could help. I stopped playing the game for the most part. I didn't enjoy it. The comeback AI is way too strong. If I got up by 4 goals, the other team would always tie it and end up with huge scoring games. Very arcade-like feel to the game.

I long for the day that they take the 04 controller layout and and combine it with the gameplay of 05. I think that would be a great game.

Holy crap, 05's gameplay sucked. You couldn't move two feet without getting hit halfway across the ice and the speed was way too fast. They need to stop putting themselves in the FA pool too, I hate that.

I think theres another thread that talks about gameplay settings here. I traded mine in though with some other games so I could bolster my newly acquired Xbox's lineup. Elder Scrolls III, Fable and Half-Life 2. =D. Now I just play NHL 2k5 for hockey needs. One of the best hockey games out there.

I'm not a fan, but I play it anyway. Not lately though.

They need to update that chemistry feature. It shouldn't be so cut and dry "Scorer - Playmaker - Grinder = 90% chemistry"

How about certain statistics go up and down depending on their linemates?

I'd love to see a "position awareness" category. The level of that player's skill in that area drives the positioning of the AI. And have multiple skills for each position so that a great centerman isn't necessarily great winger.

I could go on for hours, so I'll stop now. I'll just conclude by saying it just makes me want more than what is offered.

I'm not a fan, but I play it anyway. Not lately though.

They need to update that chemistry feature. It shouldn't be so cut and dry "Scorer - Playmaker - Grinder = 90% chemistry"

How about certain statistics go up and down depending on their linemates?

I'd love to see a "position awareness" category. The level of that player's skill in that area drives the positioning of the AI. And have multiple skills for each position so that a great centerman isn't necessarily great winger.

I could go on for hours, so I'll stop now. I'll just conclude by saying it just makes me want more than what is offered.

You know what they need to do with the NHL games?

Copy their baseball games.