Nov. 5, Boston vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

tomh009

The Bruins are in town, riding an eight-game winning streak but also coming off a hard-fought win against the Penguins. The Habs will need their "A" game for this one.

Canadiens' projected line-up:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Drouin-Domi-Armia

Lehkonen-Poehling-Byron

Cousins-Thompson-Suzuki

Mete-Weber

Chiarot-Petry

Reilly-Fleury

Price

Kinkaid

Bruins' projected line-up:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak

DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen

Bjork-Coyle-Ritchie

Hughes-Kuraly-Wagner

Chara-McAvoy

Krug-Carlo

Grzelcyk-Clifton

Halak

Rask

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Reilly-Fleury playing tonight, that is quite the vote of confidence!

:gohabsgo:Go-Habs-Go :gohabsgo:

I don't understand how Reilly went from being scratched for every game except one from the trade deadline last season, to suddenly having the coach's confidence over Kulak for the past 4 games (including back-to-backs.)

Reilly has looked shaky to me. What am I missing about him?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I don't understand how Reilly went from being scratched for every game except one from the trade deadline last season, to suddenly having the coach's confidence over Kulak for the past 4 games (including back-to-backs.)

Julien seems to be more frustrated with Kulak's mistakes than with those of Reilly, no one really seems to know why. Kulak doesn't allow many shots against -- but the mistakes that he has made have been costly.

Colour me perplexed. I do think we'll see a reversion to Kulak sooner or later, unless Reilly really picks up his game.

49 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'm with you.  Kulak is the better player, I don't get it. 

39 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'm with you.  Kulak is the better player, I don't get it. 

Kulak has clearly lost the confidence of his coach. I suspect there's a back story there...maybe he came to camp out of shape? Maybe he complained about Julien? Maybe he has off-ice issues? In any case, it makes the continent-sized hold at LD that much bigger; Kulak was a key patch in the general patch-up job at that position, and with him out, it's just a vacuum, probably one of the worst LD sides in the league.

12 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Hopefully the Pens took a lot out of the Bruins last night...and the law of averages is aganst them after so many wins in a row.  Stay out of the box and this game is winnable.

Agree - my first thought was, "the Bruins are due for a loss." Let's open a can of whoop-ass on 'em.

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree - my first thought was, "the Bruins are due for a loss." Let's open a can of whoop-ass on 'em.

I think it's important to jump on them early when the lactic acid is weighing down their legs a lot, and for God's sake...don't dominate for 10-15min and only get one goal!  They need to get that second goal during the onslaught that we so often leave on the table.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Julien seems to be more frustrated with Kulak's mistakes than with those of Reilly, no one really seems to know why. Kulak doesn't allow many shots against -- but the mistakes that he has made have been costly.

Colour me perplexed. I do think we'll see a reversion to Kulak sooner or later, unless Reilly really picks up his game.

This is accurate. He has great posession stats, but his few mistakes result in goals

Julien was relying heavily on the A-D-D line in the first, they had about six and a half minutes of ice time, more than Weber and Chiarot. The third line had barely half that in ice time.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Pretty good period minus the PK,

PK was over shockingly quickly. At least on the replay, the shot didn't look super dangerous, I thought Price had enough time to move and was not screened, but it found its way to the back of the net anyway.