Preds trade Delmore/Skrastins

huzer

Was this about Delmore wanting too much $$?.. Cuz if not I don't get why Nashville would dump him.

He made 1M last year.

Would have been a nice replacement for Breezer on the PP. If Breezer is still leaving of course.

Apparently he sucks defensively, but still... good pick up for Buffalo.

Originally posted by Habs77

Was this about Delmore wanting too much $$?.. Cuz if not I don't get why Nashville would dump him.

He made 1M last year.

Would have been a nice replacement for Breezer on the PP. If Breezer is still leaving of course.

Apparently he sucks defensively, but still... good pick up for Buffalo.

:puke::puke::puke:

Good deal for the Sabres? blah....

GREAT deal for the preds. Delmore is a joke of a d-man , he causes more goals to be scored then he helps his own team score. He is only good on the powerplay , outside of that he is useless.

The Sabres better limit Delmore's minutes and pair him with a very good defensive d-man ... only then might the trade work for them.

Delmore on the habs? NO THANKS!!! ugh...

He would only have to play 2 games for the habs and he'd be booo'ed more then Brisebois ever has been.

I would've taken Delmore. Don't forget, he was "giving up 2 or three goals a game" on the Preds. I think you could say the same thing about every player on that team. He's cheap, and young, so he's still developing.

The Preds were only giving him PP time anyway. I think he only averaged between 12-15 minutes a game.

Originally posted by huzer

I would've taken Delmore. Don't forget, he was "giving up 2 or three goals a game" on the Preds. I think you could say the same thing about every player on that team. He's cheap, and young, so he's still developing.

I dont know how much more the guy can learn , he is 26 years old and has played 240 games in the league ... Maybe he hasnt reached his peak yet , but I cant see him getting much better...

And not every player on the preds is the same as Delmore , Timonen is an excellent defenseman and finished a respectable -3 on the crap Preds team.

The Preds were only giving him PP time anyway. I think he only averaged between 12-15 minutes a game.

They were only giving him PP time for a reason , because he is horrible playing even strenght , sometimes they dressed 7 d-men just so they wouldnt have to play Delmore in even-strenght situations and only on the PP. And the Preds usuaully used Delmore for the FULL 2 mins on the PP (lack of better options) which helped his stats.

They call him "Elmore" for a reason... No D. :)

BTW : The Preds might have made this trade to make room for Gary Suter (who they are close to signing arrording to some reports) , Gary is the uncle of Ryan Suter (who the preds just drafted...)

[Edited on 2003/6/27 by puck7x]

Delmore for a thrid-rounder, that's a great deal for Buffalo. Unless you're lucky, you wont find much of a player after the second round.

No, he can't play any defense. He's only useful on the powerplay, and is a liability any other time. So what, we have a guy like that too, and we gave him over 4M a year (that's more than guys like Schneider and S. Niedermayer!!!!), just to see him fly to Paris when things got tougher for him...

Preds traded another d-man today .... Karlis Skrastins...

To Avs : K.Skrastins

To Preds : 3rd in 04

Looking more and more like the Preds are going to have a couple of Suters on the blueline next year.

Wooo! Good news for me , my favourite fantasy hockey waiver-wire d-man just got traded to a better team where he has a chance to get some points (a few of you guys know what I'm talking about...)

In other preds news... They re-signed A.Johansson