Nov. 9, Kings vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

29 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Is mete showing some second pairing chops? He looks good the last week or so.

Both Mete and Weber are looking better recently. Not that this eliminates the need for a D upgrade.

Leafs only take away a single point from the Philadelphia game so we're only one point behind them (and with a game in hand). And ahead of Buffalo and Florida, too. So it's third place in the division for now.

It's far too early for me to believe in that. But I am pleased to see it. Let's see what it looks like at the end of November, though, the rest of the games will likely be tougher than this one.

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Leafs only take away a single point from the Philadelphia game so we're only one point behind them (and with a game in hand). And ahead of Buffalo and Florida, too. So it's third place in the division for now.

It's far too early for me to believe in that. But I am pleased to see it. Let's see what it looks like at the end of November, though, the rest of the games will likely be tougher than this one.

Our record against the better teams of the league is quite good.

We have a losing record against the bottom feeders so that is promising.

Weber’s been doing well as of late. Currently tied for 9th in points amongst defensemen, as well as 4th in goal scoring amongst defensemen. 

10 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Our record against the better teams of the league is quite good.

We have a losing record against the bottom feeders so that is promising.

Is that because we actually stack well against them or they take as lightly and are focused on bathe next better opponent?

10 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Is that because we actually stack well against them or they take as lightly and are focused on bathe next better opponent?

I’m not sure, maybe a bit of both.

You always hear teams talking about Montreal’s speed and being ready for it. I think Montreal has also risen to the occasion at times and then have stinkers like against Philly.

Its been a fun season so far.

12 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Could be what the Habs do against weaker teams. You should go give them a pep talk, and we’ll dominate the league‼️

Weber rolled back the clock 10 years for a monster performance. Lehkonen also had a strong night, to my eye. 

On the other hand, Drouin looked dazed and confused out there almost the entire night.

Price was a rock.

I agree with BCHabnut (did I meet you in a liquor store in Coquitlam a couple of years back?) that Nate Thompson is a quality 4th liner. This team can roll four lines effectively.

The Kings are pathetic.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Weber rolled back the clock 10 years for a monster performance. Lehkonen also had a strong night, to my eye. 

On the other hand, Drouin looked dazed and confused out there almost the entire night.

Price was a rock.

I agree with BCHabnut (did I meet you in a liquor store in Coquitlam a couple of years back?) that Nate Thompson is a quality 4th liner. This team can roll four lines effectively.

The Kings are pathetic.

I don't think so. Haven't been to coquitlam in ages. Licence plate? I tried to get one and couldn't so I know there is a bchabnut licence plate in bc.

• Upvote 1

Quick had a rather lengthy shutout streak in Montreal going into this game - more than ten years...

— Shea Weber’s first goal ended Jonathan Quick’s personal shutout streak of 130:36 at Bell Centre. Between a Saku Koivu goal with 23 seconds remaining in a 4-3 loss on January 31, 2009, and Weber’s first goal, Quick had recorded shutouts in the 2015-16 and 2017-18 seasons in his other two appearances in Montreal prior to Saturday’s game.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2019/11/09/november-9-rapid-reaction-canadiens-3-kings-2/