Nervous!!

habsfan_69

When will Bob get something done with all this UFA action there will be no one left to improve our club. Something has to be done and quick. Someone tell me that Bob has something up his sleeve that will make everything all good. Dandenault will be nice get that done.

I'm a little nervous too but Bob is doing the right thing. We can't go nuts...some players have signed deals that are too much money.

I am going nuts with anticipation but it will be worth it in the end.

My only question is about Kovalev. What is the hold up? Is the ball in Kovalev's court and we are waiting for his answer?

If so, he may find himself left out.

All this Forseberg talk is completely far fetched lets get that off the board and start talking realistic. The one thing that is scaring me the most is all the eastern conference teams are gettin strong while montreal stays the same. I wouldnt mind seeing Ziggy Palffy in a Habs uniform is Kovy doesnt resign in montreal

I would like something done [like most others] to shore up our D. That is a must IMO.

I could care less about signing a big name FA winger for our scoring line when we have 4-6 guys ready to challenge for a spot on the big club. The potential is there for one of them to step up and be a force [ala Ryder last season] on one of the top two lines....why not see who wants it or who can take it?

If Gainey decides to sign someone, we should all have learned by now that we cannot predict anything Gainey does. The draft picks, trading for Kovalev etc all were "off the wall" or huge surprises to us all. If he does make a big move it will be something unthought of as of yet.

If there's any chance that Forsberg wants to play in Montreal, it might not be all that far-fetched. However, I highly doubt we'd be that lucky.

I'm sure Gainey has some sort of krazy plan he plans doing. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Habs biggest needs (IMO) are both a winger and a solid dman. I'm not as trigger happy as some folks, but I would like to see something happen with the Habs at some point. Dandy (who was rumored a couple of years ago as well) and Vandermeer just aren't tickling my twine.

I'm not really into this whole UFA frenzy. Maybe I'm just old school and I prefer building a team from within. IMO you resort to UFA to get that one or two missing piece.

I wont be sad if the Habs dont sign anyone. It means we'll see kids fight for at least two or three regular spots on the team next season. I find that as exciting as signing the established big name.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

How's it going raider? I didn't even know you were a member here. You and WCHF were about the only decent posters left on ESPN when I left there. Hope you frequent HW more in the future!

Hey Fanpuck. ESPN board is quiet now. im not there a lot anymore. im usually at HFboards but its getting pretty busy there now and there are a lot of freeze-ups cause of it.

i need to know more aboout the satan rumours and i heard the forseberg rumor earlier today and cant stop thinking about it.

If the Habs don't bring anything in, you better prepare for a long season. Souray is the only true top pairing D-man we have, and the man can't stay healthy. And forwards? We don't have a single guy who is a world class talent up front. Koivu? Ribs? Ryder? Good, but not the kind of guys who are a constant threat. This team desparately needs a top notch forward and D-man.

In time, guys like Perezhogin, Higgins, and Plekanec may be great players, but they're not there yet. They need time to gain NHL experience on the lower lines.

Building from within is truly the way to build a team, but as you said, you're gonna need FAs to fill the holes, and right now there are big holes at scoring forward and top-4 D-men

I'll admit, I'm a tad nervous.

Quite frankly, as much as I'd love a talented winger on the top line, I wouldn't want the Habs to overpay him. Or at least not too much. If we can't get a winger cause the numbers don't add up, fine.

What concerns me is the number of defencemen signing happening within two days of free agency. Breezer leaving was supposed to give us freedom to improve. Now everyone on my wishlist is gone - Foote to Columbus, Aucoin to Chicago, Zubov back with Dallas, Therien, Hatcher, Rathje to Philly. The top guys are dropping like flies.

I'm all for giving Hainsey ice time to show what he's got, but he can't do it with Boullion beside him. WEAK!

Screw the Satan rumours and the Kovalev teasers! Gimme a defence deal so I can sleep at night.

I dont fee so nervous about wingers. We'd be where we were before getting Kovalev, except all the kids have more than a season of added experience.

I agree with Trizzak. D should be our main concern. Who's still left out there that might help?

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by ap79]

I havent heard a word of Bob being interested in Neidermeyer i think he should make him an offer im sure we can outbid calgary and anaheim. About Gonchar id rather have a defenseman who can play defense let our fowards do the scoring but Niedermeyer is the total package but i can hardly see him commin to MTL. Bob is gonna have to suprise us somewhere else in my opinion. I think our best bet is Kovy hes the perfect fit lets hop something gets done

kinda OT, but still relevant. just a collection of thoughts:

- why would forsberg come here? our only swedish connection is sundstrom, and he's as good as gone (i hope). we're more the finnish/slovak connexion.

- if forsberg played with naslund in vancouver, vancouver's salary would be quite large.

considering there were rumors about jovanovski being traded to anaheim for johnson just before the draft, perhaps they're still interested in trading him.

Jovanovski for Price + a pick?

the only other reason why i think this is that Price is a decent west coast goalie, and vancouver doesn't have any great prospects (ellis and schneider aren't bad though)

- Anyone else freaking out about the new NHL defenses?

Calgary vs. Edmonton will be AMAZING games now!

c'mon bob, get off your ass.

please?

:bow:

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

considering there were rumors about jovanovski being traded to anaheim for johnson just before the draft, perhaps they're still interested in trading him.

Jovanovski for Price + a pick?

the only other reason why i think this is that Price is a decent west coast goalie, and vancouver doesn't have any great prospects (ellis and schneider aren't bad though)

You thought Brisebois got boo'ed badly in Montreal? It would be nothing compared to Ed "giveaway" Jovanovski. He's made so many bonehead defensive errors in his career I've lost count. Sure his offensive and physical games are great, but he's pretty average in his own zone. oh and off the ice he also seems pretty dim witted.

If we're going to get a Nucks D-man go for Ohlund! This guy is so under-rated its not funny, everyone goes on and on about Jovo, while Ohlund has great season after great season and is the real anchor on Vancouvers blueline.

[Edited on 2005-8-3 by puck7x]

I'm getting a bit curious about these Forsberg reports. We haven't really heard much else about him (or at least I haven't), so I'm beginning to wonder just how possible it may be.

Since no one thinks it's ever gonna happen... (knowing Gainey), it just might.