Is Gainey sleeping or out for vacation?

Sincerly - I see all theses players that sign with other teams ..... boston.... florida.... etc...

What's going on with Montreal.....

We deserve better that siging Bouillon... Vandermeer.... and maybe Dandenault - Joel Bouchard and other 4th line player.....

We need 2 forword that could easily play on the first or second line....

[Edited on 2005/8/3 by bringback the cup]

[Edited on 3-8-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Just relax. Let the other teams overpay for the players and wait until they have no more to spend. There are lots of excellant free agents left. If someone wants to come to Montreal at a reasonable price, that is who you want on the team. Not someone who just goes to the highest bidder. Montreal has the worst weather and the worst taxes of any team in the league, pretty much, so you have to be patient.

Originally posted by SaskHabFan

I have to admit I am getting a little impatient, when are we gonna sign someone and someone good. Here are my top choices:

Forsberg

Kovalev

Naslund

Satan

Karyia

That's the top-5 of every NHL team right now I suppose ... :P

Seriously, they should rather sign a veteran d-man right now. Niedermayer anyone? :D

Hamrlik, Numminen, Gonchar, Rafalski, Stevens, etc. are still available, would be nice if we can add one of this calibre to the team.

Originally posted by beckham

Just relax. Let the other teams overpay for the players and wait until they have no more to spend. There are lots of excellant free agents left. If someone wants to come to Montreal at a reasonable price, that is who you want on the team. Not someone who just goes to the highest bidder. Montreal has the worst weather and the worst taxes of any team in the league, pretty much, so you have to be patient.

Believe me, I'm trying to wait it out.

But the more D men that get signed in rapid succession, the more I'm going to be grinding my teeth.

Top forwards we can wait for, there are enough to go around (not to mention the steller crop available next year) but defencemen are a pressing need for the Habs, nearly to the point of desperation. If we wait till all the top D are overpayed but signed, and end up with "Joe Shmoe" for exactly what he's worth, I'll consider it a monumental failure by Gainey.

Good thing your name isn't George Gillette.

I trust Gainey. He'll do the best he can for the team. He may make errors (like the rest of us do) but he will do what he deems best which is way better than we could do, I'm sure.

:ghg::ghg:

[Edited on 2005/8/3 by shortcat1]

I think Gainey has way more NHL smarts than most other GMs, he will surprise us in the next 72 hours, take a deep breath and trust!

That said I will be disappointed if we don't get Kovalev. Another D-man is also a proprity, but we don't need a flashy player just a meat-and-potatoes stay at home defenceman, they are still out there -- than who thinks Brisebois might get a call (from what I've heard we can resign him as his contract wasn't a new-CBA rules buyout). Young Komi was fine when he last played with the Habs and he's a year older now, so will be better this year. Souray is one of the best in the league and Cube is underrated and will be fine, so as long as Markov comes back from Russia (Kovalev might help that happen) then we are better than we were last season.

Anyway trust Gainey!