Nov. 15, Habs vs Capitals, 7 PM

dlbalr

That was outstanding.  I think that, had we stayed out of the box, that game would have been a 4-0 shutout (no way the D is pressing the way they did when they got caught on goal #2 if they are playing to preserve a shutout). 

I'm just going to come out and say it, but the pair of Chiarot and Weber has sold me with this kind of performance against this kind of talent they had to face all night. They also happen to be the 2 most improved, "Got their games back on the rails" players on the D. Weber is still a #1, and Chiarot is top 4, it was all premature panic early on from the media and fans in both their cases.

They both had shaky starts to their respective season, that period of time seems to be a small smudge in the rearview mirror for both of them with each passing game, they have both been nothing short of very solid for weeks. And now in a stroke of genius/luck, also happen to form a very solid and reliable pair despite the stylistic mismatch on paper, they move the puck efficiently, they are exhausting to face in front of the net and in the corners, their work at the offensive zone blue line is simple and effective. 

I like it, I like it a lot

8 hours ago, Link67 said:

I'm just going to come out and say it, but the pair of Chiarot and Weber has sold me with this kind of performance against this kind of talent they had to face all night. They also happen to be the 2 most improved, "Got their games back on the rails" players on the D. Weber is still a #1, and Chiarot is top 4, it was all premature panic early on from the media and fans in both their cases.

They both had shaky starts to their respective season, that period of time seems to be a small smudge in the rearview mirror for both of them with each passing game, they have both been nothing short of very solid for weeks. And now in a stroke of genius/luck, also happen to form a very solid and reliable pair despite the stylistic mismatch on paper, they move the puck efficiently, they are exhausting to face in front of the net and in the corners, their work at the offensive zone blue line is simple and effective. 

I like it, I like it a lot

countless posts of how slow Chiarot is etc... he doesn't look slow at all to me. In fact, his confidence has grown so much over these 20 games that he's now joining the rush, supporting the forwards and even chipping in on the scoresheet. It's only 20 games but who can complain about this upgrade on Jordie Benn. And on top of that Mete hasn't missed a beat with Petry who are able to move the puck quickly and flawlessly .

I still say Petry is our #1 right now but man o man has Weber looked good as well. Forget the points. He just looks like he's moving around on the ice a-lot better. How much does Carey Prices play have to do with it? Id say a tremendous amount as he's making huge saves look routine again. This type of confidence and swagger only elevates the D and their swagger as well. It's something we havent seen in 3 years. It really helps to see Carey Prices game go to the next level. He seems to have heard my cry on this forum and has elevated his game accordingly. (haha) Now, the whole D has upt they're game in return.

And dammit, we can score again!

Wonderful game, now let's keep it up tonight against lesser opposition.

Byron clearly looks like our worst forward at this point, he should be in the press box if Kotka's ready.

I wonder if Drouin will cut to the middle of the ice ever again.

The 'roll four lines' thing is working out.

At what point do we shift the 'wait three years' narrative, acknowledge that this is a good team, and add an impact LD so we can see just what the team's ceiling is?

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The 'roll four lines' thing is working out.

At what point do we shift the 'wait three years' narrative, acknowledge that this is a good team, and add an impact LD so we can see just what the team's ceiling is?

I'm sure not trading Suzuki.

20 minutes ago, Neech said:

I'm sure not trading Suzuki.

Him, Poehling, KK, or Caulfield would presumably be the asking price. Poehling I would trade in a minute for an impact LD, but I doubt he'll do the trick.

Suzuki and Kotkaniemi have shown that they can play in the NHL, and make an impact, and both will improve yet. Caufield is still in college, but has a high ceiling. Poehling seems to be the most expendable of the four.

But those four are not the only good prospects we have, either: there are others, it's bit of a logjam starting to form near the Médéric Martin Bridge to get a spot in the Rocket lineup.

14 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Tuna is a ppg player after 19 games.

It has been awhile since I put up a trade tracker post:

Max 'Floating Captain' Pacioretty:  20gp, 6g, 10a, 16pts, -4

Tomas Tatar:  19gp, 7g, 12a, 19pts, +6

Nick Suzuki:  19gp, 4g, 4a, 8pts, +4

It looked great last season, and it's looking great this season too.