Interesting article

Zowpeb

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.j...801_152053_6340

Not bad...a few interesting quotes from Gainey.

Such as:

"Every one will have their own scenario," Gainey said. "Montreal has been in this mode for a while, working with younger players, drafting younger players and we're seeing results; (Tomas) Plekanec; (Chris) Higgins; (Mike) Komisarek; (Ron) Hainsey."

And from the writer:

Those four all played with the Canadiens' Hamilton farm team last year, although Komisarek is really an NHLer and Hainsey, the club's top draft choice the season before Komisarek, has regained his favoured status within the organization.

I think it would be a good move. Let them play together as the final pairing. We sign one more good d-man to pair with Rivet as the 2nd pairing and give Souray/Markov the top pairing. If Hainsey struggles then Boullion is a fine depth guy who can fill in.

I've also heard a few analysts talking about how it is quite possible, with the rule changes, that we'll see teams going back to playing 3 lines primarily, with 5 d-men getting most minutes...

Always good to get it from the horse's mouth. Way more reliable than what if's and I'd likes and rumours are.

Thanks for the article.