Nov. 19, Habs vs Blue Jackets, 7 PM

tomh009

Just now, Trizzak said:

Habs win this game 9 times out of 10. Just one of those games, I guess. 

Playing well doesn't mean much when you only bury two of your chances.  I hope this game is an anomaly, and isn't the start of a trend.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Playing well doesn't mean much when you only bury two of your chances.  I hope this game is an anomaly, and isn't the start of a trend.

Five high-danger scoring chances for each team. Two goals is not great but five goals on five high-danger chances is a lot. Defensive faux-pas and unlucky bounces, yes, but Price has not been at his best tonight, either. (Being at his best would mean covering for the defensive errors.)

4 hours ago, illWill said:

Cousins, Armia, and Weal on the Power play in a 2-2 tie. I have to say that I am intrigued with the strategy 

You may have been intrigued, I felt like barfing and if I could have gone back in time I would have  pulled out the hair I used to have.

• Upvote 1

In the loss, I liked Hudon's game and although Kulak seemed shaky at times I would continue to play him for another week.

I also thought that Domi-Suzuki-Armia showed flashes, and that maybe that line will work.

I hated the domi play at even strength.  He does not drive the net when hes playing at wing the way he does when he is at centre.  Tsn even showed the plays from a week ago where hes going to the net and last night where he pulls up with a wrist shot.

I watched the game is on PVR, and stopped for long times, so probably my take is not accurate.

I just remember a couple of time where Domi made an excellent pass to Suzuki and a couple of times when Suzuki was doing smart plays to keep the play going. But they were not finding each other on the ice

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I hated the domi play at even strength.  He does not drive the net when hes playing at wing the way he does when he is at centre.  Tsn even showed the plays from a week ago where hes going to the net and last night where he pulls up with a wrist shot.

I love the guy, but he doesn't look like the same player as last year.

I'd much rather see him at C too. 

8 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I hope not. No time for that.

Agreed. That kind of thing tends to escalate to high drama here in Montreal, too...we need that like a hole in the head.

My advice to Claude Julien, who clearly wishes he had me on speed-dial, would be to just put Max back to C and let him play his way out of it. The problem is, if Domi is sulking about it, the moving him back seems like rewarding complaining. It'll be interesting to see if we end up with a soap-opera on our hands.

12 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You may have been intrigued, I felt like barfing and if I could have gone back in time I would have  pulled out the hair I used to have.

Remember Glen Metropolit on the PP? 😄 No wonder you're low on hair these days

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My advice to Claude Julien, who clearly wishes he had me on speed-dial, would be to just put Max back to C and let him play his way out of it. The problem is, if Domi is sulking about it, the moving him back seems like rewarding complaining. It'll be interesting to see if we end up with a soap-opera on our hands.

Assuming it's not sulking, that might work. Suzuki seems to be very flexible and can be effective at either centre or wing.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agreed. That kind of thing tends to escalate to high drama here in Montreal, too...we need that like a hole in the head.

Pretty sure he is NOT sulking...

Last nights penalty was not even a penalty and a bad call against him. The previous game he got a 4 minute penalty (his first penalty of the season). Are we really complaining that it took Domi 20 games to get his first penalty of season and it's because he moved to C? I get it if you have him in a  fantasy pool that rewards PIM but other then that the only complaint on Domi we should have would be his drop in point production which has come at C not W. Is he on a 20 point decrease in production pace?

Hes not scoring as much, not shooting as much and his SH% has dropped.

Maybe hes just coming out of the gate slow because instead of focusing on his new team and adventure in MTL last off season... this off season he was more worried about his new book... just saying....

5 hours ago, DON said:

Is Domi sulking? Friggin rookie bumping him from centre...

I don't see it as sulking, he's just always played differently at wing.  He sees more when he is in the middle of the ice and has more ability to be creative than he does on the wing. 

We talked a lot about his lack of goals his last two seasons in Arizona, that was playing on the wing and he didn't drive the net as much as he's done at C.

I just think he's better at C.

Well I dont think his penalties are attributed to sulking at all. He did find Suzuki point blank  just outside the slot and pretty sure was the guy who sprung Suzuki for the breakaway. So the chances were there last night to score. 

It's been 1 game... How could all of Habsworld not be intrigued by Suzuki having success at C in the top 6 with Domi over this stretch? We've been dreaming of a home grown dynamo at C for what feels like an eternity.

I'd love to see this experiment of Suzuki centering Domi succeed. Here's to 3points each tonight!!!

Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Poehling....

It doesn't matter who it is as long as somebody merits a spot in the top 6... The Habs need that impact in the line up.

6 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Mathieu darche anyone?

Darche!!! *shudder* My brain had done me a favour and forgotten about him. Thanks for nothing for that reminder!!

(I actually kinda liked Metropolit, truth to tell. Cool name, and at least he went to the net on the PP and scored 16 goals that one year. But...yeesh).

On 11/21/2019 at 5:49 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Darche!!! *shudder* My brain had done me a favour and forgotten about him. Thanks for nothing for that reminder!!

(I actually kinda liked Metropolit, truth to tell. Cool name, and at least he went to the net on the PP and scored 16 goals that one year. But...yeesh).

Metro had descent hands and hockey sense. I liked him as a 4th liner. And nowhere near the pp