Nick Paul -- Jean-Gabriel Pageau -- Connor Brown

Filip Chlapik -- Chris Tierney -- Max Veronneau

Thomas Chabot -- Dylan DeMelo

Ron Hainsey -- Cody Goloubef

Mark Borowiecki -- Nikita Zaitsev

Craig Anderson

Anders Nilsson

Scratched: Erik Brannstrom, Mikkel Boedker

Injured: Scott Sabourin (nose), Artem Anisimov (groin)

Canadiens projected lineup

Tomas Tatar -- Phillip Danault -- Brendan Gallagher

Max Domi -- Nick Suzuki -- Joel Armia

Artturi Lehkonen -- Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Jordan Weal

Charles Hudon -- Nate Thompson -- Nick Cousins

Ben Chiarot -- Shea Weber

Victor Mete -- Jeff Petry

Brett Kulak -- Cale Fleury

Carey Price

Keith Kinkaid

Scratched: Mike Reilly, Christian Folin

Injured: Jonathan Drouin (wrist), Paul Byron (knee)

Not thrilled that Price is getting this one.  The point of having Kinkaid is so that he doesn't have to play back-to-backs, at least this early in the season.  Personally, I'd have started Kinkaid last night to leave the divisional game to a rested Price.

Fleury’s my guy when it comes to physicality. It takes me awhile to warm up to prospects but I’m warming up to him. 

Sorry to see Namestnikov hurting.

That was a pretty strong period overall but I'm still concerned about some of the defensive lapses.  Yes, I know Ottawa only had three shots but they had several odd-man rushes that didn't yield any shots either.  They've caught the Habs napping in transition a couple of times already so an adjustment is going to need to be made there.

Can someone a bit older or wiser than me explain how Guy Carbonneau is a Hall of Famer? I barely remember the 93 Cup run but I always thought of him as a 3rd line plug. I met him one time at the Playground Poker Club and didn't even care to get a pic or autograph. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Didn't allow a goal at the end of the period ... although giving up that breakaway with 30 seconds left was pretty much inexcusable.

Ottawa keeps having a guy fly the zone and the Habs aren't picking up on it.  That's going to come back to bite them if they don't adapt.

48 minutes ago, illWill said:

Can someone a bit older or wiser than me explain how Guy Carbonneau is a Hall of Famer? I barely remember the 93 Cup run but I always thought of him as a 3rd line plug. I met him one time at the Playground Poker Club and didn't even care to get a pic or autograph. 

3 time Stanley Cup winner and 3 time Selke winner. He was also captain for 4 years. I think most 3 time Selke winners will make the Hall of Fame. Gainey won it 4 times.  Bergeron has won it 4 times and he will be in the hall of fame. Then we have Carbonneau, Lehtinen and Datsyuk who have won it 3 times. Lehtonen and Datsyuk aren’t in the Hall of Fame but unless I’m missing something, I think Datayuk should be eventually inducted as well. 

Ottawa starting off stronger in the 3rd. I’m calling out Domi, Gallagher and Tatar. We need a goal from at least time of them. 

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

How do the Habs get caught flat-footed like that? It's OT. If you're not skating you're giving up an odd man rush. 

####ing Tatar, man. 

Tatar was forechecking his man.

Suzuki was drifting off into the corner, if you want to talk about a controller disconnect situation this definitely fits.

I love Suzuki and think he will be a great player but he has cost the Habs two points in the last 3 games.

Really should have buried those two points early on.  Looks like the same old lack of finish rearing its head again.  Price had another strong outing, but we should be taking care of the freakin Sens.  Three unfortunate losses after a couple games that we were lucky to steal.

LACK

OF

FINISH

This team, despite great stats early on, clearly is a goalscorer short of being a solid team if we can't absorb losing Byron and Drouin.  As far as trying to let what we have in the system attempt to fill in.... Hudon couldn't score with a stack of hundos in a whorehouse, and Leks is not likely to score again anytime soon.  Domi is cold, and hell...even Gallagher didn't have much jump tonight.  This could go sideways in a hurry.

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Tatar was forechecking his man.

Suzuki was drifting off into the corner, if you want to talk about a controller disconnect situation this definitely fits.

I love Suzuki and think he will be a great player but he has cost the Habs two points in the last 3 games.

I haven't seen a replay but I know both of them were caught flatfooted, and I thought the guy closest to Tatar was Tkachuk who blew past him for the breakaway. 

10 hours ago, brobin said:

Scoring is drying up... losing two I a row... could be an ugly December if they don’t get some guys going. 

But scoring isn’t an issue in this team😯

11 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Ottawa keeps having a guy fly the zone and the Habs aren't picking up on it.  That's going to come back to bite them if they don't adapt.

You banged that one on the head!! F'n Brady T