Bulis breakout year

beckham

He has the speed and talent for it. Would be nice to see.

He had a great year with Pardubice but he wasn't nominated for the National team, though he was one of the leading scorers in the Extra League with 24 goals and 49 points.

Bulis was already placed on the 1st line but he couldn't burry home tons of chances. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise us?

Bulis has proven he doesn't deserve to play on the 1st line. He's a good two way player, plain and simple.

Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom sounds like a great 3rd line. A great blend of offense and defence, and some size too.

If Bulis does the same thing he's always done then I think he's a prime candidate to be moved by the trade deadline.

He's got value as a two way player so he'd carry decent value at deadline time...but we've also got Higgins, Plekanec and Perezohgin who are also solid 2 way guys with more upside on offense. Bulis' time in Europe may have also helped increase his value in the trade market...

Originally posted by Zowpeb

If Bulis does the same thing he's always done then I think he's a prime candidate to be moved by the trade deadline.  

He's got value as a two way player so he'd carry decent value at deadline time...but we've also got Higgins, Plekanec and Perezohgin who are also solid 2 way guys with more upside on offense.  Bulis' time in Europe may have also helped increase his value in the trade market...

:D I agree completely.

Bulis has had a couple of chances as a winger on the top line last season, with mixed results. He doesn't seem to have a real scorer's touch around the net, as he's left many of us fans frustrated with missed chances at burying the puck. However, he does have good anticipation, is a good passer & skater. Those attributes help him greatly as a penalty killer & 3rd line checker.

I'm hopeful that his good season in the Czech league is a sign that he's ready to take on more offensive duties with the Habs, but I'm not sure where he would fit in. Perhaps he could be slotted into Ribeiro's line. I have a feeling that Julien will slot him back into the 3rd line checker's role, but an injury to a winger on the top 2 lines might give him another chance to advance.

Bulis reminds me of Brunet. Reliable winger who can play anywhere when you need to plug a hole... without the tons of injuries. Higgins seems the same kind, but you never have too many of those guys.

I was frustrated too about all the chances Bulis missed when on the top line. But he came in the league as a strickly-offensive playmaking center, and adapted to a completely different role as a 2-way left-winger. Turning into a 1st-line goal-scorer won't happen overnight. If he can get some offensive production I think its just a bonus.

Nice size for a player and superb skater yet I found him rather to bland overall.

The offensive part of its two-way play seems dormant.

He does not seems to create play neither does he finish them very well. I guess is stick handling is basic which could be the reason why so little happen with him offensively. He had some pretty good chances to show what he is about, first line for a while, even many appearances during power play...but to no avail.

Is stats in his country do look pretty good, it would be nice if at least one CH player would surprise us this year and I would like him to be the one but......will see.

Why is everyone so interested in kicking Richard Zednick off the top line and replacing him with Bulis? The guy only scores 25/ 30 goals a year, and was huge with Koivu and Zednick in the playoffs against Boston. He's a more physical player than Bulis, can probably play just as well defensively as Bulis and is a far better offensive player. I see no reason to take him off the top line.

I'd like to see Bonk, Bulis and Hossa fill out the third line. Their all Czechs or Slovakian (Hossa) same country basically, all skilled, all big...6'2'' 200lbs or larger, and all have decent skills.

Although I'd look at dumping Bulis at the trade deadline or next year as Higgins should be ready to make noise this year after learning for the first part of this year.

ITs time he got some playing time and limited shifts on the 4th line just won't help him

[Edited on 2005/8/8 by kaos]