"Brisebois a class act," says Souray

classical

Simonus is right, and while HW hasnt been warned or contacted by the gazette, I'm sure they dont like the fact that we have scanned versions of their articles on the forum.

Its comparable to when I see an HW article copied and pasted on another forum/site rather then linked. Its basically stealing, and HW gets nothing out of it, we lose out on new people being exposed to the site. (but we cant do anything to prevent this)

I know your just trying to contribute, and we appreciated that... but its probably best if the image is removed from your post.

[Edited on 2005-8-5 by puck7x]

BTW, I didn't scan the article. I can access from home an online newspaper database called PressDisplay through my public library's website. I'm in Vancouver and you need a library card (it's free to sign up) to access their newspapers and periodicals databases. You guys should check if your public or school library also has the PressDisplay database.

yeah, i get lexis from my school, but its a site subscription, all IP is non-transferable (although there is a very interesting supreme court case on transferability of reproductions of copyright-expired works - wheaton vs. peters... id link to it, but you have to be a subscriber:) )

Hey, I just realized you can sign up for a free trial to view the PressDisplay database. It's for 7 days and you can view up to 7 different newspapers (I think). You sign up with just an email address--no credit card required. There is the occasional nag screen, but that's it. It's a pretty cool database. Now you can check out that all-important Brisebois article for free (and ethically) :).

http://www.pressdisplay.com

Click "Sign in" on the upper-right corner

Then Patrice the Pouffter goes out and makes a liar out of Shelly by slagging the team and the city in the Denver Post.

Thank God he's their headache now.:/)

The bright side is that it may discourage other Francos like Lecavalier from coming to Montreal.

Originally posted by classical

Hey, I just realized you can sign up for a free trial to view the PressDisplay database.  It's for 7 days and you can view up to 7 different newspapers (I think).  You sign up with just an email address--no credit card required.  There is the occasional nag screen, but that's it.  It's a pretty cool database.  Now you can check out that all-important Brisebois article for free (and ethically) :).

http://www.pressdisplay.com

Click "Sign in" on the upper-right corner

Thanks for the link. Thats perfectly fine... :D

So, in 25 paraphrased words or less, what did Souray say about Brisebois being a class act?

Originally posted by shortcat1

So, in 25 paraphrased words or less, what did Souray say about Brisebois being a class act?

yeah, I have enough subscription and not enough time, give us a summary folks :king: