Nov. 30, Flyers vs Habs, 3 PM

dlbalr

46 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The 3rd line has been playing well. That is his ceiling

A good third line is still valuable. We should just avoid illusions about what a third line can achieve.

17 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

A good third line is still valuable. We should just avoid illusions about what a third line can achieve.

Not disagreeing. Just concerned how we have a need for a scoring winger to play with Domi; a hole that Lehkonen and Armia cannot fill.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Not disagreeing. Just concerned how we have a need for a scoring winger to play with Domi; a hole that Lehkonen and Armia cannot fill.

And the Drouin-Domi-Armia line was doing pretty well -- although Drouin and Armia were generating most of the scoring. But that line got broken up first because of Tatar's demotion, and then Drouin got injured. Armia is tied with Gallagher at 10 goals each at the moment ...

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lehkonen has been playing with Domi until this last game. 

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And the Drouin-Domi-Armia line was doing pretty well -- although Drouin and Armia were generating most of the scoring. But that line got broken up first because of Tatar's demotion, and then Drouin got injured. Armia is tied with Gallagher at 10 goals each at the moment ...

I would like to have something like this, once Drouin returns:

tatar-dabault-gallagher

drouin-domi-(rw-scorer-with-mean-streak)

lehkonen-kotkaniemi-armia

(lw-filler-aka-cousins)-thompson-(rw-filler-aka-weal)

tatar-dabault-gallagher

drouin-domi-(rw-scorer-with-mean-streak)

What happened to Suzuki?

He's so talented and he's been playing well, he deserves a spot in the top 9. 

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What happened to Suzuki?

He's so talented and he's been playing well, he deserves a spot in the top 9. 

o shoot, I forgot him. 

tatar-danault-gallagher

drouin-domi-suzuki

But this is not a cup contending team... we need an upgrade now to fill a gap until Drouin return and build some depth. But when you go through the lineup is is really hard to fit an addition to the forwards without sacrificing a core piece. The more I look at this, the more Tatar, Byron and the bottom trio are the only ones were we can upgrade without touching the fan favourites  (like the PK trade was)

I just don't see the FWs as the problem. We've got a Hawaii-sized crater on the left half of the D, so we go out and get a forward? I agree that that sounds like a quintessential Bergevin move, but it's not what a competent GM would do IMHO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I just don't see the FWs as the problem. We've got a Hawaii-sized crater on the left half of the D, so we go out and get a forward? I agree that that sounds like a quintessential Bergevin move, but it's not what a competent GM would do IMHO.

For sure. When you're panicking because a 20 year old prospect ( mete) who would be bottom pair on a deep team, gets hurt, you got some splaining to do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

For sure. When you're panicking because a 20 year old prospect ( mete) who would be bottom pair on a deep team, gets hurt, you got some splaining to do.

We were panicking before the Mete injury, but you are correct.