Dec 1. Habs Bruins. Whatever.

Trizzak

They were good for 40 minutes.  You have to be good for 60 against great teams like Boston.  And you probably need to bury more than one puck to expect to come out of the game with any points.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Is it still too soon to hit the panic button?

The last two games have been significantly better.

But if you hit the proverbial panic button, what to do? Fire Julien? Even at eight straight losses, I think that what he has been able to do before this outweighs the current slump.

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

If CJ is coaching the D system then he Needs to goes. Other wise who ever it is needs to go. The D structure is terrible.

On D, I really think the issue is the personnel. Can we get Gostisbehere? Or Vatanen? Sadly we'll probably have to overpay in our current predicament but it might be necessary to do that.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

On D, I really think the issue is the personnel. Can we get Gostisbehere? Or Vatanen? Sadly we'll probably have to overpay in our current predicament but it might be necessary to do that.

Well we got 3 nhlers on our D , the rest should be developing in the AHL. That tells you all you need to know.

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

If CJ is coaching the D system then he Needs to goes. Other wise who ever it is needs to go. The D structure is terrible.

This is a confidence, shock and awe type of disintegration, the structure in its principle is good, we play a new age, quick transition game. Players know where they should be players know who should be back checking, who should be supporting. Problem is they are all playing the game like there is a hand grenade on the ice, every decision becomes a rogue decision, the thought process cannot be understood in this context by anyone, coaches, the players themselves, people watching.

The execution is not there in any of the structure because they are mentally shot, they need a shot in the arm, a lucky win, something to shake the mental state of this entire team. I was expecting some growing pains when they began this quick rebuild for a couple of years, but this is well below what this team should be, they are supposed to be a bubble team, not a lottery one.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

But if you hit the proverbial panic button, what to do?

If I'm the owner I fire Bergevin, and bring in a guy who will follow my orders to upgrade the blueline and work very hard at upgrading the other holes in the roster...a guy who's about finding solutions rather than making endless excuses.

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

If I'm the owner I fire Bergevin, and bring in a guy who will follow my orders to upgrade the blueline and work very hard at upgrading the other holes in the roster...a guy who's about finding solutions rather than making endless excuses.

Realistically, I don't think Bergevin's head is on the line quite yet. Regardless of whether or not it should be.