Dec 1. Habs Bruins. Whatever.

Trizzak

5 minutes ago, Link67 said:

This is a confidence, shock and awe type of disintegration, the structure in its principle is good, we play a new age, quick transition game. Players know where they should be players know who should be back checking, who should be supporting. Problem is they are all playing the game like there is a hand grenade on the ice, every decision becomes a rogue decision, the thought process cannot be understood in this context by anyone, coaches, the players themselves, people watching.

The execution is not there in any of the structure because they are mentally shot, they need a shot in the arm, a lucky win, something to shake the mental state of this entire team. I was expecting some growing pains when they began this quick rebuild for a couple of years, but this is well below what this team should be, they are supposed to be a bubble team, not a lottery one.

They were executing for two periods against one of the league's top teams. But once Boston scored, the balloon deflated and all their confidence in the system (and in themselves) was gone.

7 minutes ago, Link67 said:

This is a confidence, shock and awe type of disintegration, the structure in its principle is good, we play a new age, quick transition game. Players know where they should be players know who should be back checking, who should be supporting. Problem is they are all playing the game like there is a hand grenade on the ice, every decision becomes a rogue decision, the thought process cannot be understood in this context by anyone, coaches, the players themselves, people watching.

The execution is not there in any of the structure because they are mentally shot, they need a shot in the arm, a lucky win, something to shake the mental state of this entire team. I was expecting some growing pains when they began this quick rebuild for a couple of years, but this is well below what this team should be, they are supposed to be a bubble team, not a lottery one.

Hey you Get what you pay for. You want young players over NHL Proven players. You want to save cap space. This is the product you get.

I am taking a lot of jabs from my coworkers today, a Sens fan and a Leafs fan, having fun on this 8 game loosing skid.

On the positive side:

Chiarot is establishing himself as a top-3. Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia seem like a very good 3rd line and the Tatar-Danault-Gallagher is still playing well.

I never thought Drouin would be missed this much on PP and as a scoring threat on the top 6. 

I never thought Byron would be missed so much in the middle-6.

On the negative side, it is concerning we do not have defensive bottom pair Ds capable to keep the puck out of danger zones. That is concerning, and kind of wants me to see Alzner up with the club to play with Folin on a shutdown pair...

That being said, I didn't like not having a couple of goons to "send a message" yesterday. It would have made the loss sting less. But I am with the new CH and like their speed and skill. 

All the doom and gloom and we are just 2 points and a game in hand out of 3rd in the division all the while in the midst of an 8 game slump. 

If MB has shown anything, it's that he will NOT make a move out of weakness to get reinforcements. I expect him to address the media at some point and say there is nobody coming and that the team will have to fix this with the players they have. So let's not expect a move to help this team.

Also, until our "best player" continuously plays like our "best player" expect this slide to continue for the most part. 

5 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

All the doom and gloom and we are just 2 points and a game in hand out of 3rd in the division all the while in the midst of an 8 game slump. 

If MB has shown anything, it's that he will NOT make a move out of weakness to get reinforcements. I expect him to address the media at some point and say there is nobody coming and that the team will have to fix this with the players they have. So let's not expect a move to help this team.

Also, until our "best player" continuously plays like our "best player" expect this slide to continue for the most part. 

Your prediction is probably correct, This GM does not address massive organizational holes even over periods of years. So why expect him to make a move to fix a catastrophic short-term slump?

9 hours ago, Toronthab said:

A habs fan mentioned that there might be a bus available for sale soon and the tractor store is having a rope sale... just sayin'........

I thought you still had the rope stashed away in your shed?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Your prediction is probably correct, This GM does not address massive organizational holes even over periods of years. So why expect him to make a move to fix a catastrophic short-term slump?

He and Molson are clearly playing the long game. If the team shows CHaracter and comes out of this slump imminently and for the better and makes the playoffs then bonus. If they continue to spiral and secure a better draft postion in what is being touted as one of the deepest drafts in generations even bigger bonus...

20 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I agree with your assessment as to a panic move. I do hope that this might push Bergevin into making a less-than-panic move to improve our D sometime later this season.

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I thought you still had the rope stashed away in your shed?

I DID! But I sold it for twice what I paid to some Leaf fans! I'm trying to get licensed to drive a bus. In Montreal. They think it odd for a guy now living near Lake Huron. Then I show them my Habs shirt .. and they just nod and wink knowingly. ... 🤢

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

He and Molson are clearly playing the long game. If the team shows CHaracter and comes out of this slump imminently and for the better and makes the playoffs then bonus. If they continue to spiral and secure a better draft postion in what is being touted as one of the deepest drafts in generations even bigger bonus...

The long game, LOL. That's the game where if your prospects become decent NHLers after Price and Weber have aged out as impact players, you "win." It's like saying Lyndon Johnson was playing the "long game" in Vietnam.😎

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The long game, LOL. That's the game where if your prospects become decent NHLers after Price and Weber have aged out as impact players, you "win." It's like saying Lyndon Johnson was playing the "long game" in Vietnam.😎

They didn't need khe sahn in 68 to lose in 73. We dont need ld in 19 to lose in 24. Love the reference. 

• Upvote 1